CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

UEFA strikes again!

Pretty much, I had the same thing. The guy I spoke with at the ticket office service said that part of the East Stand has been taken by 'UEFA bods'... got sorted with an alternative easily enough but it would be nice to have your own seats!

Noted.... we’ll see if you’re straight on his back should he start!

I'm one of the few that has never been on his back.
Pep has given him confidence - everywhere except Klanfield it would seem.
I just think 3 attempts and 3 failures at Klanfield is enough - we can't play with 10 men in the CL QF.
Oh, and Bernardo DESTROYED Robertson when he came on in Jan - Klopp brought on Milner to help out and this gave KDB and Gundogan more space in the middle. The result 2 goals in 10 minutes! Another 5 minutes and we would have drawn that game and another 10 minutes and we would have won.

Last edited:
Most worldies are.

Sterling and Sane drop out for Jesus and B.Silva as D. Silva and Aguero are in our strongest line up. Mendy if fit gives us width on the left.
I agree. I reckon Pep will rotate massively for the Anfield leg - similar to how we lined up at the Etihad for the league match and to surprise Klopp. No need to play so wide (with Sane and Sterling) and stretch their back line as Liverpool aren't the greatest defensively. It makes sense to be more compact and narrow to suffocate their front 3 who aren't natural wingers (although Salah can do anything on his day) and always look to cut inside (all their 4 goals against us were scored with no width) so I would play Fernandinho and Gundogan in front of the back 4. One would act as the pivot and always remain in front of the back 4 to prevent the counter attack and high press. The Silva's are more suited to playing Liverpool as they are diminutive and extract the 'tactical' fouls which are a lot easier to get in Champions League than the Premier League. Silvas/KDB/+Gundogan/Fernandinho can move forward, potentially with Delph/Walker given license to act as an extra man when needed.

Sterling has never had a good game against them so I do not see the point in playing him as he seems to be affected by the booing. It makes sense saving Sane for the last half hour 60th minute to take advantage of Liverpool's tired legs which really showed in the last 10 minutes of the match at Anfield. I doubt Pep won't have forgot how they nearly threw it all away - from tiredness which resulted from the high pressing.

Ederson
Walker - Kompany - Otamendi - Delph
Ferna - Gundogan
KDB - D Silva - B Silva
Jesus

Cant see us dropping Sane to the bench. His pace and dribbling have been and could well be the difference.

I agree. I reckon Pep will rotate massively for the Anfield leg - similar to how we lined up at the Etihad for the league match and to surprise Klopp. No need to play so wide (with Sane and Sterling) and stretch their back line as Liverpool aren't the greatest defensively. It makes sense to be more compact and narrow to suffocate their front 3 who aren't natural wingers (although Salah can do anything on his day) and always look to cut inside (all their 4 goals against us were scored with no width) so I would play Fernandinho and Gundogan in front of the back 4. One would act as the pivot and always remain in front of the back 4 to prevent the counter attack and high press. The Silva's are more suited to playing Liverpool as they are diminutive and extract the 'tactical' fouls which are a lot easier to get in Champions League than the Premier League. Silvas/KDB/+Gundogan/Fernandinho can move forward, potentially with Delph/Walker given license to act as an extra man when needed.

Sterling has never had a good game against them so I do not see the point in playing him as he seems to be affected by the booing. It makes sense saving Sane for the last half hour 60th minute to take advantage of Liverpool's tired legs which really showed in the last 10 minutes of the match at Anfield. I doubt Pep won't have forgot how they nearly threw it all away - from tiredness which resulted from the high pressing.

Ederson
Walker - Kompany - Otamendi - Delph
Ferna - Gundogan
KDB - D Silva - B Silva
Jesus

I wouldn't argue with that team.

Our record there really is a fuckin disgrace, thought this season was the time to break the jinx id be honest, what better time now blues? we’re a fuckin million miles better than them, this time will tell ctid

Most Bluemooners probably saw this last year but I've managed to persuade the publisher to make some of my articles on the early years of Manchester football free to download until after the Qtr Final. The reason I'm posting them here is because we're going to get lots of 'City have no history' type abuse at the LFC games and the Manchester derby and these help to explain that City's success played a key part in establishing Manchester as a footballing city. It'd be worth quoting/tweeting the link to any Red (either club) who says we have no history etc. Anyway, here's the first about 1904 and how it established Manchester as a footballing city: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14660970.2014.961378 and here's another which talks about Josh Parlby - the visionary who created a club for Manchester: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09523367.2015.1055727?src=recsys. The more these are downloaded the better the chance the articles will lead on to other research etc. Thanks as always.
Of course the clock of history stopped ticking with Manure, Liverpool, Chelsea, Forest and Villa even...... Ha ha. No-one else is allowed to make history. I enjoy the 'no history' banter. Our best days lie in front of us. We took that banner down as a down payment for what's to come.

Cant see us dropping Sane to the bench. His pace and dribbling have been and could well be the difference.
This is our biggest game since Madrid, QPR, the other titles and Cup Finals. Cannot see Pep leaving out the players so key to his success so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.