This team won't be considered great until...

I don't think we'll get universal praise as a club until we develop home grown English players as regulars in the first team

we win however many titles, win back to back premier leagues, win more than one champions league etc.
With the goalposts constantly being moved by the city hating rag and dipper influenced media, what will it take in your eyes to see this team become a great? And does any blue actually care when a rag says 'come back when you've got 20?'
For me we are already on the cusp of greatness with the football they've produced this season and already on the verge of winning a fantastic league title
We're on the cusp of winning the league and the league cup, plus, possibly, the champs' league. Just as we did in 2014. Great teams win several titles. Clough's team were "great". Ferguson had several "great" teams. Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish all managed "great" teams. This current City team have played "great" football. That doesn't make them a "great" team. yet. You seem a little touchy if I might say so. Does any blue care when a rag says etc - you clearly do.

We're on the cusp of winning the league and the league cup, plus, possibly, the champs' league. Just as we did in 2014. Great teams win several titles. Clough's team were "great". Ferguson had several "great" teams. Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish all managed "great" teams. This current City team have played "great" football. That doesn't make them a "great" team. yet. You seem a little touchy if I might say so. Does any blue care when a rag says etc - you clearly do.
Not really, I do find it tedious though.

we win however many titles, win back to back premier leagues, win more than one champions league etc.
With the goalposts constantly being moved by the city hating rag and dipper influenced media, what will it take in your eyes to see this team become a great? And does any blue actually care when a rag says 'come back when you've got 20?'
For me we are already on the cusp of greatness with the football they've produced this season and already on the verge of winning a fantastic league title

The only retort to rags saying ‘come back when u’ve won 20’ is ‘you really are dippers now arnt you’

I understand the OP’s point, the goalposts keep moving.

Apparently a team has to win “multiple titles” to be considered great. Just like the Arsenal team that won 3 titles in 7 years. But as this is City’s first title, we can’t be considered great yet.

Errrrrmmmm....

Not really, I do find it tedious though.
You're that unarsed you decided to start a thread. This team is a million miles from being considered great. It's won...one league cup. If you think it deserves the title of greatness based on that, you're deluded. The great teams win the very best available - European cups, multiple titles. Clough's team won the league and 2 European cups. This current team hasn't won either. Derby won Div 1 and made the semis of the European cup - we haven't matched that yet. Burnley won the league in 1960 and made the QFs of European cup - more than this team's currently achieved. You need to read a bit, get a bit of historical perspective and stop fucking worrying about who says what. Facts, medals and trophies; the rest is immaterial.

most consider us great alredy football wise.
win back to back titles we join the rags and scousers as benchmarks

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.