This team won't be considered great until...

We've finished above Liverpool for 9 consecutive season and United for 5. And in the last 7 seasons we've won the premier league 3 times. Nah, won't happen.

This. Media thinking this is our first season in existence

Back to back titles make us great. Style of play is easy on the eye but it's not a fashion show - sporting greatness is measured in terms of trophies won.

CL is to a greater or lesser extent a lottery dependent on the draw and referees and the conditions uefa impose and for me is nowhere near as important as the league is in determining our greatness or otherwise.

Winning the European Cup back then wasn’t a great achievement. Liverpool and Bayern both got a byes in the first round in years they won it and only played six games before the final. Forest played European giants Öster and Arges Pitesti before the Quarters in 1979-80. All you had to do was win a few rounds. Winning the FA Cup was harder to do.
I agree and often cite the teams Forest played to get to the final in 1980 to their fans when I make my annual visit to the City Ground. Really winds them up! My point revolved more around Clough’s ability (until the booze got a real hold of him) to make the sum of his teams far, far greater than the parts, especially in 1977/8.

Last edited:
I couldn't give a flying fuck about the shit they are spouting.
I know,you know,and they know,we are witnessing some of the finest football from one of the finest teams these shores have ever seen.
Let them spout their bile,sit back and enjoy,they are hurting......BADLY.
we're better than "great"

We're currently playing the best football I've ever seen us play and winning trophies.

I think most of us are Greatful right now.
Winning the champions League is almost inevitable, just a matter of when. But every trophy is a bonus and fully appreciated IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.