Sheikh Mansour went to Spain

We could have done a lot worse. Any City manager who has the trophy haul of Pellergrini can't be a bad 'un. I've seen dozens of managers at City over the decades. Pellers had the structure at the club, the players, but should have added the title in his last year. They were good times.

I often wonder what Uncle Joe with Big Mal in tow would have achieved with Mancini's, Pellers' and Guardiola's players?

He inherited a solid team with an already great backbone from Mancini.... as soon as that started to show signs of wear he replaced it with mediocrity, Mangala, Fernando and Bony being prime examples.

The only solid signings he made were the ones Pep told the club who he would like to work with when at City.

Pellegrini's second season was one of the worse I can think of since the Pearce era... the football was terrible, the results were poor, the feeling around the club and players was lethargic, and Pellegrini's interviews use to send me to sleep.

He did seem like a nice guy, but unfortunately in the football world his style and management was far too out dated.

He inherited a solid team with an already great backbone from Mancini.... as soon as that started to show signs of wear he replaced it with mediocrity, Mangala, Fernando and Bony being prime examples.

The only solid signings he made were the ones Pep told the club who he would like to work with when at City.

Pellegrini's second season was one of the worse I can think of since the Pearce era... the football was terrible, the results were poor, the feeling around the club and players was lethargic, and Pellegrini's interviews use to send me to sleep.

He did seem like a nice guy, but unfortunately in the football world his style and management was far too out dated.

Fernandinho might have something to say about that.

Demichelis and Lampard were two shrewd signings too.

Absolutely first class man, but perhaps a level below as a manager.

I still feel the club underachieved between 2012 and 2017. To win only two league titles in that time is a bit of an underacievment I think. We should have won at least 3 or 4 during that time period given the base we were starting from with the 2012 squad.

There are lots of reasons for that and of course not all of them were Pellegrini’s fault. But I guess that period led us to this season and the dream we’re living under Pep, so I wouldn’t swap it for the world.

He did his job. He kept the seat warm while we were waiting for Pep to come.

I thought he did ok an an interim manager. I thought he won the league on the strength of Mancini's squad. Nice 'holistic' man n' all that, but too old and lacking the passion and enthusiasm. Never forgiven him for letting an average Madrid side coast to the final whilst he sat in the dugout without a clue on how to change things. We stagnated under him IMO.

Didn't get enough out of our squad in his last 2 years, so despite a great first year I was disappointed. He surely managed to get some loyal followers Bluemoon though, as well as a lot of critical voices. Seldom seen such a division in opinion.

Pellegrini made exactly the same mistake as Mancini. Both heavily relied on individual talent to win games even if those individuals were disruptive and lazy, they were guaranteed a starting place and we had no internal competition within the squad.

The consequence being that they lost the rest of the players in the dressing room and the team as a whole fell apart, relying on individuals will only ever be effective short term, as Mourinho is finding out at the swamp.

I thought apart from a blip and losing in the FA Cup we were excellent under MP. With a touch more focus we could have won a domestic tremble. We scored loads of goals and battered teams. Recruitment was not good in 2015. He’s a top manager but we’ll below Pep for me.

First season the football was outstanding.

Thanks for the title and cup.

In the top 4 managers City have ever had in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.