Nuclear fallout bunkers

I was taking the piss.

For the record I don't think it will ever happen. Its called a deterrent for a reason. The vast majority of humans couldn't live with making such a Hollywood decision.

Well..... you say that.... yes the thought of such horrendous action doesn't bare thinking about. Slightly alarming that Putin will be forced to respond to this latest move. The US is presently forming what can best be described as a war cabinet with John Bolton the far right war hawk resuming his role as neocon warmonger in chief. Add to the fact tomorrow sees China come off the petrodollar with Russia and Saudi expected to go in with them America will react to that. It all adds up to the darkest times since the Cuban missile crisis.

Well..... you say that.... yes the thought of such horrendous action doesn't bare thinking about. Slightly alarming that Putin will be forced to respond to this latest move. The US is presently forming what can best be described as a war cabinet with John Bolton the far right war hawk resuming his role as neocon warmonger in chief. Add to the fact tomorrow sees China come off the petrodollar with Russia and Saudi expected to go in with them America will react to that. It all adds up to the darkest times since the Cuban missile crisis.
I know Putin is a **** but on this he's the voice of sanity. Listen to his interviews he's been consistent in saying well stick to treaties whilst the US tears them up. Economic war will be the first port of call.

When I was at school in the late 70's, I remember watching a short film about what to do if we were given a four minute warning in the event of an atom bomb strike. They said to whitewash the windows and hide behind the sofa with a sheet over it. I'm not joking either, even though it was laughable.

I think I'll crack open a beer roll a spliff, put on What is the world waiting for/Stone Roses........"Stop the world, stop the world, I'm getting of, I'm gettin off".

The world is mad enough without worrying yourself to death about a nuclear strike.

I was same era mate. im sure the "refuge" will always work...not sure who will be on the radio either

I was same era mate. im sure the "refuge" will always work...not sure who will be on the radio either
It will probably be old punk Charlie Harper singing Warhead. I think he's probably more bombproof than any cockroach in the event of a nuclear strike

2a6460k.jpg

Still some in the town centre:
MANCHESTER'S nuclear bunkers - hidden 120ft beneath the streets between St Peter's Square and Piccadilly Gardens - are being refurbished and offered for rent as offices.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/nuclear-secret-under-city-streets-1198904

Ones in Didsbury and Cheadle destroyed in 2005 and 2007 to make way for some non bomb proof houses:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/end-for-the-cold-war-nuclear-bunker-1155478
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/d-day-for-towns-nuclear-bunker-1155321

Sadly, soon after completion, the capacity of the latest nuclear weapons had gotten so much more powerful that the Guardian bunkers became obsolete, and were flogged to BT.

Bugger.

Well we can always go to anglesy instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.