Harry's. A cut above the rest or subliminal advertising.

I read somewhere that a Gillette cartridge costs 5p to manufacture. They are the best imo, but are clearly taking the piss in what they cost.

I use Sainsbury's 6 blade cartridges now, really impressed with the quality and closeness of shave.

Aldi now sell 6 blade cartridge razors but I'm a dubious as I've previously tried their shaving blades, and they left my face with too many cuts. Their 6 blade ones maybe better quality, anyone tried them?

4750% markup on manufacturing cost (http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...eat-razor-rip-off-Gillettes-4750-mark-up.html).

Never used anything more than a 3 bladed razor. The issue with all multi-blade razors is that despite what the advertising bollox says, they clog if you try and shave anything more than a single days growth.

I've not tried them. The King of Shaves was a better daily razor than Gillette for me as I have a face that glows red after a shave. Hate shaving full stop.
Decided to settle on a cheap electric Braun shaver, and use the Giller Proglide once in a while for a night out etc.

Beware of the multi blade. As others have said they clog and struggle to do the job.
Remember the old "the first blade shaves you close and the second one even closer"? With a graphic showing the hair being pulled out then retreating back into the skin.
What I found was that the skin grew over the hair and before you know it there's a sprouting of ingrowing hair and enough pimples to delight a braille reader.
If you're there with a 5-blader who knows what's happening.
But let's not forget these multiple bladers are sold alongside the pre-shave lotion, shave oil, moisture creams, and the like, all aiming to solve that pimply skin from the ingrown hairs.

If I was back to wet shaving I'd be back to the Bic, single blade, just draw it over the skin gently, not trying to plough a face furrow. In the direction of hair growth twice and t'other way only if necessary. Or I'd give the single blade disposable cut throat a go.

I'll stick to the electric.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought the Aldi 5 blade razor today. Had a shave and I'm pretty impressed. Not as good a shave as Gillette, and I doubt i'll get 7-8 good shaves as I do usung Gillette. But the price difference of the Aldi blades will mean I'll give them a proper chance. So far so good, but I may have to go back to Sainsbury's own brand 5 blade cartridges as they are excellent for the price IMO.

I embrace the beard to be honest these days, probably trim once a week and shave for special occasions, too much of a pain to keep the stubble at bay, but I did go for the Harry’s offer at £2.95, and can’t fault the quality and pricing, shaved well enough, and I’ve got plenty of spare blades to keep me going for a fraction of the cost of Gillette

Braun S3 waterproof electric in the shower does as close a job as anything I've ever done before plus less cuts. And was fairly cheap at a discounted £34

Braun S3 waterproof electric in the shower does as close a job as anything I've ever done before plus less cuts. And was fairly cheap at a discounted £34

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.