Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they could attack us about our football they wouldn't bother about empty seats. So I'm happy when I see Emptihad stuff.

Sure sign that things are going well for us.

If they could attack us about our football they wouldn't bother about empty seats. So I'm happy when I see Emptihad stuff.

Sure sign that things are going well for us.

Of course it is. Back in the 90s I used to give united loads about there fans being from singapore/london etc. They would always bite and be more wound up than me watching my side drift week after week lower down the football league. I use to think they were pretty sad for falling for because I knew deep down what I was saying was not even completely truthful.

Roll on twenty years and its role reversal. Sadly its working on some blues who seem to be bothered by it when really they shoud just be lapping up how fantastic this season is.

Last edited:
Of course it is. Back in the 90s I used to give united loads about there fans being from singapore/london etc. They would always bite and be more wound up than me watching my side drift week after week lower down the football league. I use to think they were pretty sad for falling for because I knew deep down what I was saying was not even completely truthful.
A drowning man will cling on to whatever he can to try and stay afloat.

By that logic you'd deny Messi and Ronaldo their Ballon d'Or because they play in great teams?

Maybe Keegan Dalglish Rush and Sourness are bubble wrapping their awards they won 30, 40 years ago when Liverpool were all conquering because they played in great teams.

The award recognises great players contributing to great teams, and mainly when winning trophies.

When people look back on this season in 20 or 30 years who will they remember? KDB and Silva running the city team that won nearly everything, came close to not losing, (maybe) winning more points than any team ever? or that bloke who played for Liverpool when they were in the premier league and scored a few more goals than nearly everyone except Sir Harry, when they nearly came 2nd again and nearly got to ECL semi finals?

Here is a nice one from the Mail online...........

'But the Etihad club have become notorious for smaller than expected attendances at their stadium'. !!

According to them Liverpool sold out , wait for it................. within minutes of the tickets going on sale whereas we have not sold out. Oh the bitterness flows strongly in this one.
They were still on sale this week at Anfield, like many City supporters some had to wait for their window to open. Some on this forum are as bad as the media, clucking like demented hens if we don't sell out in five minutes, then they wonder why the media pick up on it.

After Germany v Brazil the BBC nicely highlighted the fact that "Manchester City pair Leroy Sane and Ilkay Gundogan failed to make an impact for the hosts, and both were substituted...."

Maybe something to do with growing the fan base and increasing the attendance.

Not that it’s a problem, but we need to continue to get bigger.
CFG’s and MCFC’s target demographics for continued growth are not the same as those for negative articles spread through the English media.

A fan of another club in England, who is attracted to an article saying City is horrible, isn’t ever going to feature highly in CFG’s plan for growth.

However, a few million young impressionables in Beijing and Tokyo and New York on various social media feeds...

The Liverpool game is now sold out according to the OS
Think I will turn on Talk Sport for their half hour discussion on our fantastic fan base and how our tickets have sold like hot cakes.
just going to get some food in as i may be a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.