CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

the problem you have mate is Liverpool fans are a set of c.unts. self entitled up their own arse c.unts. their club is no longer relevant. they are just another team that plays in the league that is dominated by Manchester City. i get it hurts but they have just accept that. it is what it is. the hard bit i suppose is the rags winning stuff, usually via a bent ref or two but won stuff all the same, well if it helps they have now dropped way lower than Liverpool. hope this helps.

as for sitting in our end, we know thats not true, after the first game you'll no longer be in the tie and you my friend will sell your ticket to a tourist.then i hope cctv spots the fan sitting there and the blue who has sold that ticket is banned for life.

ps.

candles are 10 for a quid at Aldi. stock up now.

All bases covered.

Don’t agree with the ban bit but the rest is spot on

Right. Liverpool fan here . You lot are the best team in the league without a shadow of a doubt. You're a great team. You must be favourites to beat us over the 2 legs we know that. Sometimes things don't go to plan. We can beat you and you know it also we understand that you can beat us. I'm really looking forward to the games. I'm in the City end for the 2nd leg. I hope everything is going to be ok. It's football at the end of the day. I've been on the "greeting" post and the Heysel and Hillsborough mentions have been embarrassing. I'm really looking forward to the games and hopefully you lot are. Don't be bitter it doesn't suit you

I’m married to a red Scouse, all my in-laws, whom I love dearly, are red Scouse, I lived in Liverpool for 8 years in the 80’s (initially as a student), when City were playing away down South and I couldn’t go cos I didn’t have the time or money I used to go to Anfield and stand on the Kop instead, Steve Nicol, Alan Hansen and Ian Rush are all still in my “greatest players I’ve ever seen play” XI, I’ve still got plenty of mates there that I love and respect, and crucially, as you can probably see, I’m not from Manchester and therefore not infused with the mutual enmity that has existed for decades between the two great cities.

Anyway, in light of that lot then, instead of making snide digs about City fans making “embarrassing” remarks about Heysel and Hillsborough, you should ask yourself why it is, over the course of the last decade, that I have come to despise Liverpool FC with a passion that at times even outranks my hatred of the rags. The image of the Scouser as a symbol of good sportsmanship is as far removed from the truth as the Donald Trump Bumper Book of Tweets, and never more manifest than when Raheem Sterling decided he’d have a better chance of success if he joined City rather than stay at Liverpool - a decision since born out by 2 League Cups, 1 League Title and Champions League football 8 seasons in a row (as near guaranteed as you can get). All that patronising Liverpudlian bonhomie disappeared in an instant. The Scouse media mafia went into overdrive. Aldridge, Barnes, McAteer, Fowler, Murphy, etc etc, were on fucking speed dial every day for weeks on Talkshite, slagging the kid off (all about the money, poorly advised, youngsters don’t get a chance at City, should have continued his development under Rodgers, disrespectful, ungrateful, all that’s wrong with the modern game, and so on and so on) and it was the same in the print press. They turned Sterling into a figure of hate, nationally. It was his fault we lost the Euros, scapegoated on the front page of the Sun for having blingy taps - in a house he bought for his mum - he eats at Gregg’s, he’s got a Michael Jackson themed room, he bought a house near a dogging site, his photo used gratuitously in a story about footballers mixing with drug dealers, anything and everything in fact to try and make him look like a nouveau riche vulgarian with more money than sense and to pile pressure on him at grounds all over the country, to make him fail purely in order to vindicate Liverpool’s self imagined position as founder members of the footballing aristocracy. Stuck in a time warp, anyone and everyone connected with Liverpool FC simply could not cope with the notion of there being better options available to modern players than walking under the “This is Anfield” sign. The result? Outrage and spite by the bucketload.

You ever read John Aldridge’s column in the Irish Independent? You fucking should. The levels of ignorance and bitterness about City regularly displayed therein are fucking comical - even allowing for the clickbait nature of modern journalism. Oil money, sovereign wealth behind us - one of the most meaningless phrases out there - no history, dodgy Arab deals to “get around” FFP (even though we’re the most scrutinised club in Europe and every FFP amendment is made purely to try and derail us), and blah, blah, blah. He’s like a living distillation of every Liverpool fan I’ve met since the takeover, churning out the same false, poisonous, rhetoric. Self-entitled to the point of parody. Newsflash. It’s 28 years since you won the league, and your “fantastic European pedigree”, that gets referenced non-stop, amounts to this. 1 European trophy in 34 years (unless you want to chuck in winning the Thursday Night Loser’s Cup in 2010, and it’s probably best not to). It’s not 1983 anymore. It’s 2018. Yeh, we needed a huge initial splurge of cash to achieve what we have in the last 9 years, but courtesy of the Chimps League having been turned into a cartel with a self-perpetuating seedings system and huge prize money, it was the only way to break the hegemony, and in doing so we were just doing what virtually all successful dynasties in football have done since the days of Shankly, Busby, Mercer, Revie and Clough, namely wielding our financial clout. Danny Friszman did it for Arsenal, the rags broke the British transfer record something like 6 times in Taggart’s first 5 years at the club, Matthew Harding and Roman the Rouble funded a Chelsea team that had hitherto won 1 league title and 1 FA Cup in over 100 years of trying, and yet when we did it there was uproar.

When you had your Hillsborough anniversary, we rightly stood in respectful silence. We got our coaches bricked as a thank you. As it goes I think you’ll beat us in the QF’s, not cos you’re better than us, not because you have some magical European power (which the press will drone on about afterwards anyway, til everyone pukes), but purely and simply because the way Guardiola’s teams play make them tailor made for Klopp’s maniacal press. You want to beat Liverpool, you can do it easily by emulating the rags. Sit deep, deny space, counter quickly. City unfortunately won’t play that way and your chances of winning what is unquestionably your cup final will be greatly enhanced as a consequence. Oh, and bearing in mind all of the above, if you’re sitting in the City end, you might want to keep your head down, cos the days of “my enemies enemy is my friend” are long gone.

Last edited:
I’m married to a red Scouse, all my in-laws, whom I love dearly, are red Scouse, I lived in Liverpool for 8 years in the 80’s (initially as a student), when City were playing away down South and I couldn’t go cos I didn’t have the time or money I used to go to Anfield and stand on the Kop instead, Steve Nicol, Alan Hansen and Ian Rush are all still in my “greatest players I’ve ever seen play” XI, I’ve still got plenty of mates there that I love and respect, and crucially, as you can probably see, I’m not from Manchester and therefore not infused with the mutual enmity that has existed for decades between the two great cities.

Anyway, in light of that lot then, instead of making snide digs about City fans making “embarrassing” remarks about Heysel and Hillsborough, you should ask yourself why it is, over the course of the last decade, that I have come to despise Liverpool FC with a passion that at times even outranks my hatred of the rags. The image of the Scouser as a symbol of good sportsmanship is as far removed from the truth as the Donald Trump Bumper Book of Tweets, and never more manifest than when Raheem Sterling decided he’d have a better chance of success if he joined City rather than stay at Liverpool - a decision since born out by 2 League Cups, 1 League Title and Champions League football 8 seasons in a row (as near guaranteed as you can get). All that patronising Liverpudlian bonhomie disappeared in an instant. The Scouse media mafia went into overdrive. Aldridge, Barnes, McAteer, Fowler, Murphy, etc etc, were on fucking speed dial every day for weeks on Talkshite, slagging the kid off (all about the money, poorly advised, youngsters don’t get a chance at City, should have continued his development under Rodgers, disrespectful, ungrateful, all that’s wrong with the modern game, and so on and so on) and it was the same in the print press. They turned Sterling into a figure of hate, nationally. It was his fault we lost the Euros, scapegoated on the front page of the Sun for having blingy taps - in a house he bought for his mum - he eats at Gregg’s, he’s got a Michael Jackson themed room, he bought a house near a dogging site, his photo used gratuitously in a story about footballers mixing with drug dealers, anything and everything in fact to try and make him look like a nouveau riche vulgarian with more money than sense and to pile pressure on him at grounds all over the country, to make him fail purely in order to vindicate Liverpool’s self imagined position as founder members of the footballing aristocracy. Stuck in a time warp, anyone and everyone connected with Liverpool FC simply could not cope with the notion of there being better options available to modern players than walking under the “This is Anfield” sign. The result? Outrage and spite by the bucketload.

You ever read John Aldridge’s column in the Irish Independent? You fucking should. The levels of ignorance and bitterness about City regularly displayed therein are fucking comical - even allowing for the clickbait nature of modern journalism. Oil money, sovereign wealth behind us - one of the most meaningless phrases out there - no history, dodgy Arab deals to “get around” FFP (even though we’re the most scrutinised club in Europe and every FFP amendment is made purely to try and derail us), and blah, blah, blah. He’s like a living distillation of every Liverpool fan I’ve met since the takeover, churning out the same false, poisonous, rhetoric. Self-entitled to the point of parody. Newsflash. It’s 28 years since you won the league, and your “fantastic European pedigree”, that gets referenced non-stop, amounts to this. 1 European trophy in 34 years (unless you want to chuck in winning the Thursday Night Loser’s Cup in 2010, and it’s probably best not to). It’s not 1983 anymore. It’s 2018. Yeh, we needed a huge initial splurge of cash to achieve what we have in the last 9 years, but courtesy of the Chimps League having been turned into a cartel with a self-perpetuating seedings system and huge prize money, it was the only way to break the hegemony, and in doing so we were just doing what virtually all successful dynasties in football have done since the days of Shankly, Busby, Mercer, Revie and Clough, namely wielding our financial clout. Danny Friszman did it for Arsenal, the rags broke the British transfer record something like 6 times in Taggart’s first 5 years at the club, Matthew Harding and Roman the Rouble funded a Chelsea team that had hitherto won 1 league title and 1 FA Cup in over 100 years of trying, and yet when we did it there was uproar.

When you had your Hillsborough anniversary, we rightly stood in respectful silence. We got our coaches bricked as a thank you. As it goes I think you’ll beat us in the QF’s, not cos you’re better than us, not because you have some magical European power (which the press will drone on about afterwards anyway, til everyone pukes), but purely and simply because the way Guardiola’s teams play make them tailor made for Klopp’s maniacal press. You want to beat Liverpool, you can do it easily by emulating the rags. Sit deep, deny space, counter quickly. City unfortunately won’t play that way and your chances of winning what is unquestionably your cup final will be greatly enhanced as a consequence. Oh, and bearing in mind all of the above, if you’re sitting in the City end, you might want to keep your head down, cos the days of “my enemies enemy is my friend” are long gone.

Well said that man !

Man for man we should match Liverpool. With the exception of Salah most wouldn’t get in our team. The thing we need is to match their heart and work rate and be brave. I personally think the occasion will get to them, similar to the cup final.

Bloody hell they have really rattled your cage lol!

That is a fantastic post though and echoes what many of us think. I fear it will be wasted though on the dippers. I try as hard as possible not to discuss football with the rags or dippers as they are probably the most embittered, biased and deluded bunch out of the old top four. There is a cigarette paper between who is worse but the dippers probably shade it.

Unfortunately you are probably right about the result as you say our style of play suits them perfectly. If Pep tweaked it a bit, especially away, we could have the game won after the first leg, but I doubt he will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.