Dog having seizures.

I feel your pain mate, mine is only 3 and i absolutely adore her like a child, sounds daft until you know others feel the same.
Would you get another dog ?
I remember having mine for a few days, he was only 8/9 weeks old, I was lay awake in bed and it dawned on me that one day I would have to take him to be put to sleep. It sent a cold chill down my spine. That thought was always at the back of my mind.
Over the years I always said I wouldn’t get another as I thought I’d be worse after letting him go. Honestly even though the little bugger has broken my heart and took a bit of me with him over the rainbow bridge, I would do it all again in a heartbeat. That doesn’t mean I’m getting another one yet but I wouldn’t go back and not get him and go through the pain and sorrow of losing him.
Enjoy your girl because time flies, spoil her and give her the best life you can.

That feeling is easily sorted.
Get another.
Mine had diabetes for the last two years of his life and had to be given two insulin injections everyday. He had to be walked and fed at the same time twice a day in preparation for his shots. Me and my wife practically gave up our life to look after him for those last two years making sure we did everything on time and never missed what he needed, it worked because the diabetes was never a problem for him - we managed his condition perfectly and the diabetes never caught up with him, it was his backend that went in the end. We are having a breather for a little while as well as moving house at the end of April. I’ve got quite a bit of renovating to do at the new place but after it’s all done who knows? I might just take the plunge again.

I remember having mine for a few days, he was only 8/9 weeks old, I was lay awake in bed and it dawned on me that one day I would have to take him to be put to sleep. It sent a cold chill down my spine. That thought was always at the back of my mind.
Over the years I always said I wouldn’t get another as I thought I’d be worse after letting him go. Honestly even though the little bugger has broken my heart and took a bit of me with him over the rainbow bridge, I would do it all again in a heartbeat. That doesn’t mean I’m getting another one yet but I wouldn’t go back and not get him and go through the pain and sorrow of losing him.
Enjoy your girl because time flies, spoil her and give her the best life you can.

Mine had diabetes for the last two years of his life and had to be given two insulin injections everyday. He had to be walked and fed at the same time twice a day in preparation for his shots. Me and my wife practically gave up our life to look after him for those last two years making sure we did everything on time and never missed what he needed, it worked because the diabetes was never a problem for him - we managed his condition perfectly and the diabetes never caught up with him, it was his backend that went in the end. We are having a breather for a little while as well as moving house at the end of April. I’ve got quite a bit of renovating to do at the new place but after it’s all done who knows? I might just take the plunge again.
You both obviously loved him to bits.

My advice would be just do it again when you can.
We rescued the last one of our 2 and will do the same again.

Dogs make my house a home.

Lost one of mine at 19 and a half at Christmas, was praying he'd go peacefully in his sleep one night for a couple of years but his kidneys failed and we had to go to the vet, even when you know you're doing the right thing it's an awful decision you make and you'll never be the same after.

Lost one of mine at 19 and a half at Christmas, was praying he'd go peacefully in his sleep one night for a couple of years but his kidneys failed and we had to go to the vet, even when you know you're doing the right thing it's an awful decision you make and you'll never be the same after.
I’ve buried family members and friends, I’ve carried several coffins at funerals but making the decision to say goodbye to my boy was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.

I know that pain. Horrendous.

I took our 14 year old Shih Tzu to be put to sleep last week after a seizure. He'd had a good life but was knocked back totally after the seizure.

It's heart breaking but our vet agreed it wasn't fair to prolong his life with medication for the sake of a few weeks.

The suffering or otherwise of the animal is the most important thing in these situations. In my experience, if you have good insurance then some vets will try and get the last penny out of the policy rather than consider the welfare and suffering of the animal.

Last week for me. It was awful but I held him whilst he was put out of his misery and that was the best we could do for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.