Dog having seizures.

A dog gives unconditional love, unconditional companionship, unconditional support and makes life so worth living, even when you are going through the toughest times. Your love of your family member shines through, keep strong and hopefully you will have many more years with your loving friend. Thoughts, prayers and the hope of the best of luck and health for your four legged friend.

She unfortunately passed away at home with us at 7pm tonight.

We went back to the vets this morning thinking of taking her for an MRI scan. We had a consultation with the vet and to cut a long story short between us all we decided that based on how she was on the Friday and Saturday night, it was probably for the best to have her put to sleep. We cried after making the decision and the vet went to get her for us to say our goodbyes.

However that changed when she walked in. Her condition when she saw us was 1000 times better than it was when we took her into the vets the night before. She was still uneasy on her legs and still circling but she was responding to our voices, wagging her tail and giving kisses. We could not put her to sleep.

The medication it seemed had at least started to improve her condition and we felt that if she was to stay this way, we could look after her and see if she improves.

That unfortunately didn’t last and she deteriorated as the evening closed in, almost to the state she was in that forced us to take her to the vets on the Friday and Saturday.

She came home with us at about 3pm. We had a short walk on the big field outside our house, she eat some roast chicken with us and relaxed for the most part at home with us. She didn’t seem to have any seizures until about 6:00 when whilst asleep her face started twitching. She’d wake up, wander aimlessly bumping into things, stand in corners of the room pressing her head into the wall then go to her water bowl and drink a load of water. This process would repeat over and over.

Until she basically just fell asleep on the carpet. We left her sleeping and thought that maybe that was a good sign, hoping that she’d settle for a few hours. But she sadly passed away in her sleep. No seizure and no obvious discomfort, she just went at home with us with her.

Very sad but at least she’s not having to deal with the condition she was in anymore. She was loved to bits and knew so. So glad we had her in our lives.

We went back to the vets this morning thinking of taking her for an MRI scan. We had a consultation with the vet and to cut a long story short between us all we decided that based on how she was on the Friday and Saturday night, it was probably for the best to have her put to sleep. We cried after making the decision and the vet went to get her for us to say our goodbyes.

However that changed when she walked in. Her condition when she saw us was 1000 times better than it was when we took her into the vets the night before. She was still uneasy on her legs and still circling but she was responding to our voices, wagging her tail and giving kisses. We could not put her to sleep.

The medication it seemed had at least started to improve her condition and we felt that if she was to stay this way, we could look after her and see if she improves.

That unfortunately didn’t last and she deteriorated as the evening closed in, almost to the state she was in that forced us to take her to the vets on the Friday and Saturday.

She came home with us at about 3pm. We had a short walk on the big field outside our house, she eat some roast chicken with us and relaxed for the most part at home with us. She didn’t seem to have any seizures until about 6:00 when whilst asleep her face started twitching. She’d wake up, wander aimlessly bumping into things, stand in corners of the room pressing her head into the wall then go to her water bowl and drink a load of water. This process would repeat over and over.

Until she basically just fell asleep on the carpet. We left her sleeping and thought that maybe that was a good sign, hoping that she’d settle for a few hours. But she sadly passed away in her sleep. No seizure and no obvious discomfort, she just went at home with us with her.

Very sad but at least she’s not having to deal with the condition she was in anymore. She was loved to bits and knew so. So glad we had her in our lives.
Ah mate I’m gutted for you and yours. :-(
You’ve done a fantastic job, all you can do is give them the best life during the time you have together.

Gutted for your loss mate, but take heart in knowing that she is now no longer suffering and u did all you can to help her.

I’m so very sorry for your loss. Have been following your messages over the past few days. It’s heartbreaking, but she seemed to be happy to be home, and had the love of you all around her. You couldn’t have done any more for her, and I think she knew. Stay strong, she will be missed, she sounds like she was a lovely girl, you were blessed to have each other. All th best. X

When I was just 18 I took my beloved Rusty to the vet. He had heart problems that couldn’t be fixed. The vet suggested I send him to Glasgow Uni vet school so they could try things.

I had just been hit by the shock I wouldn’t be taking him home and to think I would let him be taken a place he wouldn’t know and die there, made me momentarily want to strangle the vet for even suggesting it.

I walked the five miles home with tears blinding me. When my mum saw me, she was even worse.

One good thing on this thread has been that because we are moaning sarcastic bastards, that doesn’t mean we don’t have Hearts. The love we have for our pets and how hard their troubles affect us, show we aren’t totally beyond the pale.

As I get older my feelings toward people who are cruel to animals has become a pathological hatred, so seeing so many on here who love them makes me feel better.

Amen to that buddy.

So sorry for your loss. It's very hard to take but it sounds like you had a wonderful time together. Thankfully a peaceful end for her as well.

She’ll be remember very fondly by all our family, everybody loved her including neighbours and friends.

We tried our best for her but her seizure on Friday in particular was just too much.

Thanks again blues for the comments and compassion shown and if you’ve got a doggy friend in your lives, just love and cherish them because they’re such a gorgeous part of your life.

She was my 1st dog and I’m now a real dog lover because of her. Gonna be tough doing our usual local walks into the park, on the canal and into the little shopping area where we’d go to the butchers etc and usually nip in the little pub for a pint where she’d make a nuisance of herself but get plenty of pats etc off the other dog owners in there doing the same thing.

Such is life I suppose. Thanks again blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.