Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much i do not like to admit it's true Gabriel is a different player from Palmeiras and Brazil , at Man City he doesn't touch much the ball and do not perform dribbles as he use to do , and most of his goals are from inside of the area before you think that is negative comment pay attention , Guardiola's tactics makes him score more goals all of the team works for Gabby as a unity and Gabby also helps the team with the link up and the high pressing , using the words from Guardiola when he describe Gabriel you can see what player he wants to make : "Inside of the area he is something special" ,"He is the best high presser i ever seen" , "Gabriel can become as good as Ronaldo when he start to run less with the ball" , all this descriptions you can notice what he is trying to say the first one about him beeing special Inside of the area proves that he is trying to improve one of his best qualities : positioning , the second show why the team plays better with him when he is leading the line the high pressing that he offers is crucial mainly because of the philosophy of Guardiola/Cruyff who say that the first defender from their teams is the striker , the third proves that he wants that Gabby think before react i mean he has the quality to dribble past players why he doesent show much ? simple he gets anxious and start to run without thinking if he has the cold from Ronaldo he can show his tricks in the final third and use his skills to score even more goals and maybe become one of the best strikers in the world , all this words make me think what player we have , in such a short period of time we already see what he is capable of , and i start to watch some clips from him in south america and i think if everything that Guardiola is saying he can really make Gabby one of the best strikers of this generation .

Decent first post that. :-)

Where you from Alex?

I watched him against Germany and you can see why he has impressed the real Ronaldo so much. The comparisons are there for all to see. He does not have the same muscular power but is still strong on the ball and when he has the ball his awareness of all around him and his presence with it is exceptional for a young man.

Against Germany he almost overran the ball and then threw in a stepover so he could face the goal, losing defenders as he did. It just lacked the finish. But is was such brilliant play and as he develops he will just get better and better. His one touch pass and move play for Pep works so well but he will start throwing in more tricks to buy his own space and will become even better.

It is so exciting to have him, Sterling and Sane all improving with the likes of De Bruyne and Bernardo and Silva creating things and setting up goals or moves to allow them more space.

All 3 just had a birthday since the turn of the year - Sterling 23, Sane 22, Jesus now 21. It's frightening how good these three are for their age

As much i do not like to admit it's true Gabriel is a different player from Palmeiras and Brazil , at Man City he doesn't touch much the ball and do not perform dribbles as he use to do , and most of his goals are from inside of the area before you think that is negative comment pay attention , Guardiola's tactics makes him score more goals all of the team works for Gabby as a unity and Gabby also helps the team with the link up and the high pressing , using the words from Guardiola when he describe Gabriel you can see what player he wants to make : "Inside of the area he is something special" ,"He is the best high presser i ever seen" , "Gabriel can become as good as Ronaldo when he start to run less with the ball" , all this descriptions you can notice what he is trying to say the first one about him beeing special Inside of the area proves that he is trying to improve one of his best qualities : positioning , the second show why the team plays better with him when he is leading the line the high pressing that he offers is crucial mainly because of the philosophy of Guardiola/Cruyff who say that the first defender from their teams is the striker , the third proves that he wants that Gabby think before react i mean he has the quality to dribble past players why he doesent show much ? simple he gets anxious and start to run without thinking if he has the cold from Ronaldo he can show his tricks in the final third and use his skills to score even more goals and maybe become one of the best strikers in the world , all this words make me think what player we have , in such a short period of time we already see what he is capable of , and i start to watch some clips from him in south america and i think if everything that Guardiola is saying he can really make Gabby one of the best strikers of this generation .

Pep has no problem with players dribbling, it's something he encouraged Messi to do, it's something Iniesta did more under him than elsewhere, it's one of the best ways to create an numerical advantage if you can have a player just take one or two of the opposition out of the game by dribbling past them. Hes encouraged Sterling and Sané to dribble all the time and Kingsley Coman did a great interview a few years ago where he talked about how much Pep encouraged him and told him not to worry about losing the ball when trying to beat defenders.

I suspect the reason GJ isn't dribbling as much is partly because the standard of football is much higher here, secondly because he's playing against much deeper defences and thirdly because he's still finding his feet here a bit and hasn't had a long enough run in the team to really start expressing himself with more audacious pieces of skill or dribbling.

Pep has no problem with players dribbling, it's something he encouraged Messi to do, it's something Iniesta did more under him than elsewhere, it's one of the best ways to create an numerical advantage if you can have a player just take one or two of the opposition out of the game by dribbling past them. Hes encouraged Sterling and Sané to dribble all the time and Kingsley Coman did a great interview a few years ago where he talked about how much Pep encouraged him and told him not to worry about losing the ball when trying to beat defenders.

I suspect the reason GJ isn't dribbling as much is partly because the standard of football is much higher here, secondly because he's playing against much deeper defences and thirdly because he's still finding his feet here a bit and hasn't had a long enough run in the team to really start expressing himself with more audacious pieces of skill or dribbling.

This is the main reason for me. He'll adapt no worries though.

No service whatsoever for him tonight. Impossible to do anything when marked by two players and only given balls peter crouch would get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.