Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard this said on a podcast and fully agree about Sterling
Every time he plays them he gets smashed with a full bloodied tackle early which just lifts the crowd even more
It may not affect our players but the crowd does spur their players on and I think leaving him out for this one is the right thing

Pep said yesterday that if he told the players to change our approach for this game they would think that he was scared. Wouldnt the same apply if he left Sterling out, other than for purely tactical reasons?

What would the players (other than Bernardo) think if Pep tells them before the game that this a normal game, but by the way I'm dropping one of our most in form players because I'm worried that their fans will boo him and he doesnt like it?

This is not a league game it is a champions league game, we need to remember that it doesn't end after 90 minutes and away goals count for everything. My bet is Pep is demanding goals tonight, lots of them. Even if they repeat their *famous* 4-3 win then all we have to do is win 1-0 at home and we are through.

All they have banged on about in the build up to this is Anfield and the last time we went to Anfield but they haven't considered the last time Liverpool went to the Etihad where they got completely mullered. So tonight they are going to try and get it done at their place and the best way to get past that is to equal or outscore them which we can do easily.

Lets give them their 20 minutes of running around like lunatics, singing their cult tune, setting fire to the place and waving their flags but for us all we have to do is turn up and play our football which is the only part that matters and we are better than them at it.

If we can keep the ball as good as we did at Everton and limit their chances then all that is left is taking chances.

Remember we've got a German referee in this game though. If Robertson or Milner decides to make a statement challenge on Sterling then they'll get a yellow.

Although it does seem to me that when foreign refs take charge of games between English clubs they're prone to adopting a more laissez faire approach. As if they feel that they have to adapt their style.

I'm really confident about tonight (unusual when we play Liverpool) I can see Jesus working really hard up front and scoring a hat trick. 1-3 come on you blues.

This is not a league game it is a champions league game, we need to remember that it doesn't end after 90 minutes and away goals count for everything. My bet is Pep is demanding goals tonight, lots of them. Even if they repeat their *famous* 4-3 win then all we have to do is win 1-0 at home and we are through.

All they have banged on about in the build up to this is Anfield and the last time we went to Anfield but they haven't considered the last time Liverpool went to the Etihad where they got completely mullered. So tonight they are going to try and get it done at their place and the best way to get past that is to equal or outscore them which we can do easily.

Lets give them their 20 minutes of running around like lunatics, singing their cult tune, setting fire to the place and waving their flags but for us all we have to do is turn up and play our football which is the only part that matters and we are better than them at it.

If we can keep the ball as good as we did at Everton and limit their chances then all that is left is taking chances.
Yet but what if they unleash the dogs of war like they did when they won the April 2014 league title? We will be defenceless, shirley.

By the way, for all the shite in the media about big european nights at klanfield, this is their first year in the CL knockouts in 10 years. Of their entire squad only Lovren, Milner and Salah had played a CL knockout game before this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.