Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

bottom line is (which a lot of posters are failing to mention) is that we don't have the midfield. period.

gundogan is not up2 scratch.

i would have played delph midfield

well all you jcls this is what we had to put up with in the 90s happy days were still here

Have to be honest and say that team selection by pep was embarrassing. Pep was schooled by klopp yet again. It’s like the only person that didn’t think we would be pressed first half was pep. Naive beyond belief. This tie is over, we ain’t scoring 4 without reply.

This is what pisses me off. I can take losing but to lose before we've even kicked off is another story. Sometimes he over complicates things. Bernando would've been perfect for this game because of his ball retention yet he gets benched for someone who's scared to put a tackle in because doesn't want to do his ACL in

The whole team were diabolical they really were. No shots on goal is fucking atrocious and that team shit it on the night.

People saying we’re better than Liverpool I don’t actually think we are were more consistent beating shit teams like Everton on saturday but when the pressures on like tonight massive game away from home hostile atmosphere we bottled it.All we needed was one goal to keep the tie alive and we didn’t even manage a shot on target.Pathetic.Even Kompany looked scared in the tunnel before the game.Fuck was Guardiola thinking with Gundogan on the right that left side got peppered all first half Walker playing as a right winger wtf..

Was a very strange shape we set up with. It allowed Liverpool to get on the front foot straight away because our players didn’t have a clue who to play it through and their pressing and intensity wouldn’t let us play our usual game. No one would pass to Gundo on the right wing which meant we were constantly looking to Sane who was double marked and we became very predictable. Second half was marginally better, after Pep balanced out the formation, as we managed to control possession but a combination of Liverpool defending well and us being frustrated and rushing passes meant we couldn’t do anything with it.

Laporte shouldn’t be at LB, he looked unsure of where to be and what to do for most of the game. Also Gündogan shouldn’t be played anywhere other than through the middle as an alternative to Dave and KDB. All of our players played badly today but that was due to the system deployed and Klopp’s tactics, not individual performances. Didn’t think I’d be saying this but they played really well tonight. Let’s hope next week we play a much more fluid system and Aguero is fit.

Lets be honest, even IF we go through we aren't beating the likes of Barca/Real/Munich. Yet...

We have come a long way but we still have years of experience with the youngsters we have and a few world class players to add to the mix.

Liverpool are the same. They aint going any further than 1/4 finals and they are even further behind than us. Cup team yes, league team with week in week out consistency, no.

Lets smash the rags this weekend please and worry about the 2nd leg afterwards...

To be fair they played the perfect game against us. They shut down Fernandinho, De Bruyne and Silva as soon as they got the ball first half and just let the back four have the ball and make mistakes which they punished ruthlessly. They also have the extra man with the crowd who kept them going when they were suffering. Let's try and down the same next week and produce a similar atmosphere to the Hamburg/ Rags 2012 game and who knows what will happen if we get a goal in the first 10 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.