Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

They had to get a replacement coach to take the players home, that must have an impact on the team not making excuses but something must be done about it

How the f##k are we out? If we get ahead early next week, or 2-0 up at half time are you still gonna say that? We needed 2 in injury time against Gillingham and QPR. Its not done til its done

From what I saw tonight we'll be lucky to have 2 shots by full time on Tuesday night never mind 2 goals without reply by half time.

If, in the very slim chance we do find ourselves 2-0 up by that point in the game I'd still put it 85% in the Scousers favour given that a single goal from them would mean we needed another 3.

Give over mate. It was a collective failure tonight. Always think it's telling when people use performances like that to air grievances against a particular player. How many clear cut chances did we create for him? Do you honestly think Aguero would've changed the outcome tonight single-handedly?

Probably not Ric, but he would have been stronger and certainly more aggressive, plus his hold up and bringing players into the game is better.
Jesus is a young lad, but needs to do more.

Quote from yesterday: Pep: "I know the way we play is perfect for Liverpool. They attack the space."

At least Pep knows and will address it........

Don't be too downhearted. Pep played his game, and Klopp played his. Can't be denied that Pep's style is perfect for Klopp, but Klopp fails against others whose game plan is similarly reactive rather than creative. I'd rather have your manager all things considered, who still has the edge this season: 8-7 agg. Good luck in the next one.

Hahaha lost 3-0 without a shot on target, played gundogan coz sterling gets scared at Anfield, as bad as it gets
No. We cannot play Sterling at Anfield because the officials will just let the Liverpool players clean him out any time they like, and then book him if he complains. Chances are he could get taken out in the penalty box and no one will even notice....... just fancy that.

Shades of Monaco from last season I’m afraid.
it’s games like today’s when we need a little more physicality in the team to absorb the pressure until the Liverpool burnout......which has happened in the last two games at Anfield.
Liverpool cannot perform physically like that in 38 leagues.....hence why they are nearly 20 points behind.
We have been fabulous this season......but we are still some way short of being champions league winners.......hopefully Pep knows this and buys the players to correct this.....Mendy will also help the physicality.
The disappointing thing for me is that when we attacked, our forwards always had 2 or 3 men to beat......yet Salah or Mane only had to get past one.
just shows how far we have come.....league cup winners....champions elect, yet we are still disappointed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.