Why are we always so poor against Klopp’s Liverpool?

Tbh i thought they gave up at times. Half the time they just gave it to Sane & left it to him to do it all.

Both need to be much better in the coming games.

Felt pretty disappointed in those two particularly 2nd half. OK first half we got blitzed well and truly, and they were starved of the ball.

In the second half when Liverpool sat back, and we needed a goal, it felt like the team was looking to those two, the two creators and the embodiments of Guardiola we have on the pitch....and there was nothing there.

Pep did a Monaco Tonight.

Every now and again he needs to go to these tough CL away games, and shut up shot, and come back to the Etihad with a draw.

I’ll tell you what, it’d be interesting to see what Klopp could achieve with truly world class players. I can’t fathom how a midfield of Ox, Milner and Henderson could completely nullify our midfield of Silva KDB and Dinho. How does that make sense?

They wanted it more and were prepared to fight for it. Silva KDB and Dinho looked as though they thought Liverpool wanting it was almost cheating, all three of them would have looked at home in the days of Swales tonight. Three great players for us but all of whom let us and themselves down tonight. They all need to have a good think about how much they want to achieve and what they can learn from tonight.

They come out quickly, press hard and high, and we try to play our normal high line, quick passing game. Pressure leads to mistakes, which allow them to expose the space.

Why oh why we don't sit for 10-15 mins, keep tight, let them pass the ball about in front of us, and try to nick it is beyond me. Every time we let them get in our faces and put us off our rhythm.
I was wondering that, my conclusion is that we don’t have the players to sit back and soak pressure. I agree that that is the solution to the Liverpool problem but if all of our players are used to having the ball then they would be crap at it if they tried.

One thing I noted was When we attacked rarely did Liverpool have a bank of 5 and then a bank of 4 like you see most teams defend. They had staggered defenders positonally and were almost zonal marking - this made it really hard for us to break the lines and you could se us getting frustrated (Ferni a long shots and give ball to sane to try and use his pace)

It games like this where I think we really miss Mendy as we could alter our style and balance by having walker and Mendy press high and provide width (similar to spurs style) as and when the
Situation dictates

I was wondering that, my conclusion is that we don’t have the players to sit back and soak pressure. I agree that that is the solution to the Liverpool problem but if all of our players are used to having the ball then they would be crap at it if they tried.
Why don't we? Our back line is more than good enough. Fernandinho knows how to defend. KDB and Dave both press and win balls back with the best of them. Jesus can certainly run. The issue isn't that we don't have players, its that it wasn't the plan tonight. If we wanted to soak up pressure I'm sure we could.

This is a rare game you need to change our current, fleeting and successful tactic for.

Everyone knew what Liverpool were going to do, including pep, and he didn’t change it.

Peps stubbornness and bottlejobs cost us tonight.

This is a rare game you need to change our current, fleeting and successful tactic for.

Everyone knew what Liverpool were going to do, including pep, and he didn’t change it.

Peps stubbornness and bottlejobs cost us tonight.
He actually did change it, his change made it worse.

Pep did a Monaco Tonight.

Every now and again he needs to go to these tough CL away games, and shut up shot, and come back to the Etihad with a draw.
He wont do that.

We didn't lose because of the tactics - even if Gundogan and Laporte were big calls. We lost because players whose passing and control has been near flawless all season, lost it as soon as LFC scored. We'll see if we learn/benefit eventually from the experience

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.