Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever he did, or didn't do, he was robbed of a goal at the end. Rubbish officials, again.

Enlighten me? Some of us have been watching the game for some time by the way.

I’m not here to englighten anybody. I’m here to learn, throw my two cents out there, get feedback, and then reevaluate my opinions and views. If you want my opinions on GJ then you can find them earlier in the thread. In summary he’s there to press, link up, and get in good positions. That’s it. For now. I’m not having a pop or a go at anybody either btw.

We got absolutely demolished that first half and it had nothing to do with Jesus.

I think we’re all riled up here and understandably so.

Post more please.

I just said as much in other threads, well that he has stagnated to an extent. His movement to drag defenders out of position was key to many goals but that seems to be drying up a bit to now. Hopefully it is just his recovery as i can see he is a special player who has come further than most his age and more already.

Gabby is a special player we all know that off course today he was a ghost but in my opinion not only him but all the team didn't play good , I think i have the answer for that well... not the answer but something that makes sense i don't know if you guys watch much of International Football but when he plays for Brazil NT he is incredible he has 15 matches 9 goals and 4 assists that is 13 in 15 an excellent record for any player , he achieve 9 goals for the NT faster than Neymar not comparing him with Neymar please but this show how effective he is , but off course this are only numbers the reason why i mention this is why sometimes he do not perform as good as for Brazil and why he doesn't dribble players , as i mention before Guardiola's tactics are focused on the attack the best defence from Guardiola is the attack all the team put their feets on the oposition half excluding Ederson , we shape in a formation like : 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 3 the wingers are very important in our system they are responsible for the one-one situations and they are always off course showing his skills because that is what they are supossed to do , Gabriel in other hand doesn't have much freedom and a lot of times he is trapped with the defenders and that is what Guardiola wants , I remember exactly this quote from him in a Interview : "I want make Gabriel stop run with the ball and controlls the ball better strikers doesn't have much space and that's why i want that he thinks before acting when he do that he can be a player like Ronaldo " seeing this quote we can take that from what happens today he was issolated from the others but that is what Guardiola wants that with the less space he has he find a way to use that as an advantage but from what we see he still developing , and the question now is why he plays better for Brazil ? In the NT he has a free role he change positions with Neymar at the LW and that makes him shine , from those who don't know he start his carrer at the LW and he fell comfortable there because he can attack without worrying with the defenders and one match that i can show that is the last game against United he played in the start as a striker but in some moment Guardiola put Sterling as a false 9 and Gabriel in the LW and we could see some of his skills and he almost he scored a nice goal letting Rojo in the floor , so guys he still very young just like Sané and Raheem they have plenty of time to get better imagine how good they will be in the next 5 years , and nothing is decided yet our record in Anfield is not good but we can win against them at home Come on City !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.