Chelsea 2017/2018

Wow,what a waste.

And,despite what many an envious fuckwit claims,the perfect example of why money,alone,doesn't guarantee success.

Chelsea and Rags are doing a decent job of proving that point.

Despite all the flak aimed in Txiki's direction, City have increasingly become a shining example of how to spend big money well.

I don't know what to make of Chelsea this season. They won the title comfortably last season and I thought would challenge this, thought I did think the present Chelsea squad lacked the depth to put in a realistic challenge for four trophies and that their PL campaign would run out of steam in April. In fact, they got to the semis of the league cup, the last 16 of the CL and went out to Barca (which is no disgrace) and are still in the FAC, but it is their PL campaign which never got going and since the onset of winter hey have fought a losing battle to cling onto a place in the top four. I was annoyed and extremely irritated by his antics on the touch line last season but I've found what he says this season to be very sensible and plausible and his record as a manager is excellent. But recruitment does seem to be a real problem; £230 million of players brought in but can we really name one who we would be happy with in our squad? Were they Conte's players or bought by someone else? Is that mysterious woman still active at the club?! And there is clearly something wrong with the chemistry of the squad. Luis hasn't played in an age and the two CBs who do play don't seem comfortable together and don't seem to have much understanding with Azpilicueta and Moses. Kante is all energy but has no clear lines of communication with Fabregas, and Willian appears to have few options but to run down more and more dead ends. The result is that Chelsea's most potent weapon, Hazard, always looks elegant and a cut above, but always has to come far too deep to get the ball and has far too little influence to be able to change the game. Even if he can get a head of steam up he has no Costa figure to play off. Conte must carry some responsibility for the disintegration of last season's team but how much is unclear since Abramovitch has rarely backed successful managers at the club: he seems to have a Swalesian complex which sees anyone with a record of success at the club as a threat.

Great photo of Dele All celebrating yesterday...

DZtqjCaXkAA2iUA.jpg

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/980494516103901184

Chelsea and Rags are doing a decent job of proving that point.

Despite all the flak aimed in Txiki's direction, City have increasingly become a shining example of how to spend big money well.

We have indeed become a club that has spend the money well lately. But in all honesty we were masters in spoiling millions for fun.

I think your biggest problem is not letting the manager buy the players he wants
What manager is going to be happy long term with having players bought by the club then given to him to do something with ?

Conte came in specifically to Chelsea knowing he was only going to be a head coach. He was given the head coach title. Most clubs in Europe have a director of football and a board who deal with transfers. Conte would be consulted during the process, and at some point will provide a list of players, or positions he needs to be strengthened, but the job of securing targets was never in his mandate, so I would be surprised if he was suddenly upset about things he knew before he accepted the job.

Conte came in specifically to Chelsea knowing he was only going to be a head coach. He was given the head coach title. Most clubs in Europe have a director of football and a board who deal with transfers. Conte would be consulted during the process, and at some point will provide a list of players, or positions he needs to be strengthened, but the job of securing targets was never in his mandate, so I would be surprised if he was suddenly upset about things he knew before he accepted the job.

After drawing with West Ham I don’t think he’ll be worrying about Chelsea’s transfer policy next season

Mark Hughes will take on Chelsea within the Premier League with a 6th different club.

He played 30 games against Chelsea in all competitions, which is the most he ever did against any club during his managerial career.

However, being the most frequently faced club, Chelsea remains Hughes' toughest opponent, as the Blues are responsible for Mark's highest defeat number - 21 and goals conceded - 63.

Make that 22 and 66 goals conceded..
How this guy keeps getting a gig I'll never know...
One of the manager merry go round boys..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.