City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheaper season tickets on offer doesn’t always mean younger fans would get their hands on them ... a lot of tourists who attend 3, 4 or 5 games a season only and even end up paying £100+ each to touts for biggers games like derby and the last home game etc (as being offered on various social media these days) would snap those up and then those seats/spaces would be empty most of the season except for a few bigger games ... and this would be true not only for tourists but also for out of area fans, who go game by game because buying a season card doesn’t make sense for them as they can’t always make them, especially when TV keeps changing almost all our games (we had only a handful of Sat 3pm games at home all season) ...
What if you only sell them to younger fans? say 25 and under

Cheaper season tickets on offer doesn’t always mean younger fans would get their hands on them ... a lot of tourists who attend 3, 4 or 5 games a season only and even end up paying £100+ each to touts for biggers games like derby and the last home game etc (as being offered on various social media these days) would snap those up and then those seats/spaces would be empty most of the season except for a few bigger games ... and this would be true not only for tourists but also for out of area fans, who go game by game because buying a season card doesn’t make sense for them as they can’t always make them, especially when TV keeps changing almost all our games (we had only a handful of Sat 3pm games at home all season) ...
Couple of things I wouldn't call 4 or 5 games 'a tourist' , secondly any fan that goes to 4 or 5 shouldn't need to buy of touts I go to 6 a season and have no problem with the derby or last game. That said you are right if the North stand had plenty of £299 0r £350 tickets available I would think about it but probably couldn't make more than 8/9 games a season so unless resale worked it would be empty a lot.

Yes it will.

It's not the rail seats as such, it's the amount of people you can put in one stand, under the same roof, and standing together.

I'm not going to spill the beans of a planned display(come back to me on that), but if that display had a 20,000 safe standing tier like Dortmunds, it would look f***ing amazing. And so would the support.

Sorry mate, but why aren't people like you getting it? And getting what could happen at the Etihad if such a stand was created by the club?

It won't ever be Dortmund, but it would be bloody good.

IMG_2526.jpg

I'm all for safe standing, in fact i actively support it when I can.

But having a display isn't the only thing going to help.

Restrictions like drinking in the stands are a big reason why people don't get involved.

It's probably not the right time to post this.

But don't ever tell me a 20,000+ single tiered stand behind a goal doesn't make a difference.

Regardless of what happened outside the ground, and to the City coach, the atmosphere inside Anfield was brilliant.

And it was started and driven by the KOP, with the 3 other stands joining in.

I'm all for safe standing, in fact i actively support it when I can.

But having a display isn't the only thing going to help.

Restrictions like drinking in the stands are a big reason why people don't get involved.

You don't need to drink to sing.

The fact that City actively leave the bars open close to and past kick off encourages fans to buy another drink and to stay on the concourse.

Unfortunately at City it's all about driving revenue, regardless of how that impacts on the atmosphere.

Couple of things I wouldn't call 4 or 5 games 'a tourist' , secondly any fan that goes to 4 or 5 shouldn't need to buy of touts I go to 6 a season and have no problem with the derby or last game. That said you are right if the North stand had plenty of £299 0r £350 tickets available I would think about it but probably couldn't make more than 8/9 games a season so unless resale worked it would be empty a lot.
I’ve suggested this before. If say £299 ST,s were sold with the caveat that 75% of all home games had to be attended (tkt through the turnstile) in order to qualify for the same price tkt the following season. Only people who knew they would be attending regularly would buy them unless they didn’t mind the price hike the following season. I would do this for all season tkts tbh.

It's probably not the right time to post this.

But don't ever tell me a 20,000+ single tiered stand behind a goal doesn't make a difference.

Regardless of what happened outside the ground, and to the City coach, the atmosphere inside Anfield was brilliant.

And it was started and driven by the KOP, with the 3 other stands joining in.

Its the only way to design a football stadium and we need to make sure that any addition to the North Stand means we have the same.

I’ve suggested this before. If say £299 ST,s were sold with the caveat that 75% of all home games had to be attended (tkt through the turnstile) in order to qualify for the same price tkt the following season. Only people who knew they would be attending regularly would buy them unless they didn’t mind the price hike the following season. I would do this for all season tkts tbh.

if you think there is empty seats now, try that vindictive approach.

and take that to its next step, all season ticket holders have to buy tickets for cup games, because empty seats mean you get teased by the nasty fans of other clubs. ahhhh didums you soft arsed shit

If its the atmosphere you are worried about, just fucking sing and its job done

I agree, the other thing I would say is that all the lower level seats should be charged at £299, i'm sick to death of this emptyhead shit, we extended a stand into the heavens and reduced the prices to sit there, many people vacated their normal seat to take advantage of these prices. In effect we add 4000 extra seats and the crowd numbers increase but we see gaps in the lower levels that make it look like our crowds are shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.