Resting players against the rags

I am 39, lived in Newton Heath all my life. I have took more stick off rags than most as NH is infested with them. I don't care. We will not get a better chance at winning the Champs League and imo that is more important than the league. Imo this tie is not over and I would rather put everything into that.

I don’t agree that we wont get a better chance to win the CL. Before the quarter draw I’d agree with you but after Wednesday I don’t think that’s still the case given the score line.

The squad will be stronger again next year and unlikely to face our absolute bogey team in another quarter or semi.

@Ric - can we make this a poll?

We have a golden opportunity tomorrow to win the league in the most spectacular fashion, breaking another record already for the earliest title win. And setting us up for more records, like 100+ points etc.

So should we (A) put out our strongest side and get the league won.

OR

(B) Put out a much weakened/rotated side, on the basis that the league is almost done anyway and we need to do everything we can to get past Liverpool to the CL semis.

For me, it's an absolute no brainer. If we do (A) and we win, it will give us a HUGE confidence boost and restore a huge amount of pride. We'll be up for it on Tuesday no matter what, but with the league wrapped up against United, we'll have our mojo back as well.

If we do (B), we may very well lose to United, and then we're going into the Liverpool game on the back of two defeats, moral on the floor and we'll almost certainly go out of the CL anyway.

It's (A) every time for me. But what do you think? I raise this not because I think opinion will be divided, but because I'd like Pep and anyone else who might look at this forum to see what the fans think.

The last 2 meaningful games this season in all likely hood. Full strength for both and no fucking about. Pep and the team let us down badly Wednesday night, here's an immediate chance to atone. We couldn't manage a 2 goal lead against Monaco, hard to see us progressing from 3 goals down. Winning the league against the rags will be remembered forever a quarter final champions league exit to the dipping cnuts won't.

The last 2 meaningful games this season in all likely hood. Full strength for both and no fucking about. Pep and the team let us down badly Wednesday night, here's an immediate chance to atone. We couldn't manage a 2 goal lead against Monaco, hard to see us progressing from 3 goals down. Winning the league against the rags will be remembered forever a quarter final champions league exit to the dipping cnuts won't.
I agree

I know people don't like these hypothetical questions with 2 possibilities, but which would you choose for which game?

1) strongest team and a 4 - 1 win
2) weakened rotated team, and a 1- 0 defeat ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.