United (H) Post Match Thread

I don't think the blame lays solely at Pep's door, did he take a risk initially starting without a striker? Yes but we went in at half time 2-0 up so you can't say he was wrong because it was working, if we'd have gone in at 0-0 you might have a case and I'm sure he'd have brought a striker on at half time if that was the case. That's not what happened though so the starting line up was fine. Can you blame him for thinking he didn't need to risk bringing on a striker at the start of the 2nd half? I would have brought Jesus or Aguero on personally just to get a goal and set them up for Tuesday.

Long story short we threw away a game we were already winning and should have seen out... bad defending, midfield not tracking runners to help out enough. Oh and a shit ref because we should have being playing against 10 men while we were still winning with two chances to score from the penalty spot to boot.

So we give up without kicking a ball? That's bollocks, as long as there is a small chance of progressing on the CL we have to go for it. Today was a Derby, that's important in itself, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter a damn whether we win the title this week, next, or the week after.
You're missing the point, winning that game today and going into Tuesday with the title in the bag, gives the players a huge lift and guarantees the stadium would have been rocking. I'm sure most fellow blues are now feeling gutted and Tuesday just doesn't seem worth the missed opportunity.

Imagine we had someone even half as clinical as Messi or Ronaldo. I don't think we will won the Champions League until we have someone like that.

Oh, Messi just scored another free kick as I'm typing this

Think we were on the champaign at half time. So embarrassing. Shipped six goals in two matches. Not good at all. I praise those that think we have a chance on Tuesday.. There's no way we're not conceding.

The problems haven’t changed. We need to cash in on our periods of possession and defend better when the opposition have possession. This means we need one additional attacker and two extra DMF/defenders. And these changes need to bring a little more steel.

I listened to the game, and something else occurred. In the first half we did very well without a striker and so perhaps the additional attacker we need could be an attacking midfielder who could convert chances reasonably reliably, rather than an out and out striker.

Onwards and upwards.

I've never seen SS3 that rockin ever in the first half. Big opportunity missed there.

Poor finishing, bad reffing. I can't even blame Pep for anything as we should of been out of sight at halftime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.