16 Points - Sense of Perspective

Yes it is.

Yesterday was down to Sterling and Gundogan not putting away the 5 chances they had between them to score when 2-0 up.

Simple as that. Fuck all to do with mentality.

The dippers beat us as they were the better side for 30 minutes and put the game to bed. Fuck all to do with mentality.

You don’t go to Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Napoli and bogey grounds like Goodison and win convincingly if you have a mentality issue.
I'm talking about a twenty minute collapse that saw us concede 3 goals, for the second time this week.
All we needed to do was see the game out and we messed it up

Theres no explaining it. We were shit. No ones fault but the players. We have watched what they are capable of all season and we know when they are throwing it away. How is pep supposed to predict when they will just mentally shut down.
To be fair, I think the players were taken by surprise by the fact Pogba turned into the world class beast he's capable of being - for just two minutes out of the entire bloody season. Who could have predicted that? I think any defenders in the world would have been taken unawares.

Clearly we all wanted to win yesterday, like we've wanted to win every game this season. It hurts like hell because we have lost the derby but think back to when we beat them at Old Trafford, it was nice but it didn't feel like the 5-1 or the 6-1 or even the Shaun Goater 3-1. You know the reason why, because they are nowhere near us, not a patch on us, this was their Cup Final. We are 13 points in front of them. 13 points. We have played the most sublime football all season and two defeats is tainting a whole season for some of you. So look at the games we have left, wait for us to mathematically win it and then savour the whole season, not 180 minutes when we haven't got the results we all wanted. We're not entitled to anything, next season is going to be even tougher, so enjoy the 13 points, get back behind the boys and the manager and let's cheer them on through the finishing line.......and hopefully we might get something Tuesday too, but if not, I'll still be there cheering the lads on as we look to break some records along the way. CTID.

An excellent post sir.

Yes it is.

Yesterday was down to Sterling and Gundogan not putting away the 5 chances they had between them to score when 2-0 up.

Simple as that. Fuck all to do with mentality.

The dippers beat us as they were the better side for 30 minutes and put the game to bed. Fuck all to do with mentality.

You don’t go to Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Napoli and bogey grounds like Goodison and win convincingly if you have a mentality issue.
Two defeats could easily become four on the bounce, IMO we had two games left this season, rags yesterday and dippers Tuesday, full strength in both and rest as many as you want from that point.

Lot of talk of ‘player mentality’ on the forum this week following 2 defeats.

A vast number of you should be concentrating on your own mentality.

We’ve had a phenomenal season and been served football of the very highest quality.

A couple of blips (which happen to every team) and a lot of you are acting like we’ve gone into admInistration.

‘Mentality’.
This is crunch time. We've been tremendous for a large part of the season but right now we are out of the FA Cup and Champion's League barring a mirracle. We've fucked up an easy game yesterday where we were cruising. Everything is perspective: we've won (or will win) 2 titles this season. That's good yeah? Or is it really though? This is the best team possibly that England has ever seen so to go out of the FA Cup and CL by limping out of both is not good enough by the standards we set.

Weak mentality? Never.
Tired mentally? More likely.
The efforts v Chelsea and Arsenal were monumental. The break for internationals was not a rest.
Everton were lesser opposition but we dropped off second half and United have been able to put their feet up for a week

I'm talking about a twenty minute collapse that saw us concede 3 goals, for the second time this week.
All we needed to do was see the game out and we messed it up
Against Liverpool, the entire team lost their heads. That was a proper collapse. Against United, our CBs and DM forgot how to defend loose balls and set pieces in the box. Nobody else lost their heads. We sure as shit didn't look rattled. At no point were we unable to play like we had intended to do. We were poor at defending in our box and not clinical enough in the other one. That falls on bad decisions made by 3-4 players and does not constitute a collapse. That Liverpool match could be replayed thousand times and you would still get the same result because the performance was so god awful. Compared to that, United lucked out. 2 penalties and 1 red card not given. Sterling bottling 4-5 chances himself. De Gea producing a world class save on Kun's header. Fine margins. Any other day and we're steamrolling United based on that performance.

I remember when we went to Old Trafford when United were a shoe in for the title in Ferguson's final season. I loved Aguero scoring the winner against them. Made me feel better for a short while. Ultimately United won the title and that's what everyone remembers, not us beating United in Fergie's last derby.

I'm a glass half full person. The glass has been overflowing this season. OK we've spilt a bit but by the end of the season it will be almost full again.
True this result will be forgot about next week by everyone apart from the rags who have fell that far down the big table that beating us is like winning the league . If we beat spurs (and that’s a big if now ) yesterday will be history...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.