United (H) Post Match Thread

Just a question about Sterling. Do you think it's a mental thing with him ? I'm more inclined to think it's a lack of basic technique. For an international player to not even hit the target on two one-on-ones with De Gea seems to me to be someone who lacks proper technique in striking a ball correctly. He was leaning back on both when he struck those efforts which indicates his body position in relation to the ball was wrong. We've seen him previously fluff efforts, miskick and miss apparently simple tap ins although sometimes his scuffed efforts have gone in. I thought he played well first half but his poor finishing was a prime reason United went in at HT believing they were still in the game at 0-2.
Thought the second one was behind him and had to lean back to get his foot round it. He is never gonna be a natural finisher, like several strikers in the past.

I remember a couple of seasons back they somehow managed to win their first 2 games, scoring 3 goals, despite only having a total of ONE shot on target in those 2 games!

Of the 3 goals one was an OG and one was a wicked deflection that was going well wide.

What other team on the planet could get 6 points despite only having one shot on target in 180 minutes of football!!

Fluky, fluky bstards.
It was a smash and grab job. It was really telling that they came out, played really well, and as soon as they got it back to 2-2, they just sat back again happy to take the draw when they could easily have scored a third because they were the better team at that point. They then got lucky with a set piece and the dodgy refereeing decisions. Yet it's reported like it was some sort of dominant performance from them in that second half. It was a typical Mourinho performance. Sit back, keep it tight, and rely on a bit of magic from his best players or a set piece to get them a lead, then park the bus, dive and time waste until the end of the game. It was nothing like Liverpool's win in which we were actually outplayed.

Mate, that is speculative. You or I can neither confirm or deny that would have been the outcome. Bottom line is the team fielded created so many excellent chances in the first half to have put the game to bed and once again we failed to capitalise.
agree we did more than enough to put the game to bed before ht , and Kun wasnt 100% whos to say Walker and KdB wernt in need of a rest ? , we move on the title will be won sooner or later playing the best football any of us have ever witnessed

Go one then I`ll bite when was the last time in your or my ( aged 62 ) experience when WE had the chance to win the league against the Rags

No didn`t think so ..

My point is that it will come round reasonably frequently if we remain successful. Especially as TV likes having derbies (especially Etihad ones) in April - normally a bit later on in the season than this one.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been posted but bloody hell, we haven't been relegated or lost the title as gutting as it was. Fucking rags loving it at the minute the scum!

What a shit week, cant really add to whats already been said, and then i remembered this :-) chin up boys and girls

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.