Liverpool (h) CL QF pre-match thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow there are some negative comments on here. People haves short memories , we used to lose a lot , play badly and pray for some fluke result to ever win a match. We are now spoilt having a superb team , great manager and superb stadium. Went with my son yesterday who was totally gutted but he’s only 22 , and doesn’t remember when we were crap.

On Tuesday we should try to create the same or better atmosphere as yesterday’s first half to get everyone in the team up for the Liverpool match. This is City , as we know anything could happen , we might win 4-0 or lose again but let’s give our full support to at least give us some belief that we can win. Just hope we give it a really good go and don’t go out with a whimper!

I wonder why Pep had both Aguero and Jesus on the bench yesterday.

Makes you think both will play together on Tuesday.

--------------------Ederson--------------
---Stones-------Otamendi--------Laporte--
Walker---------Fernandinho--------------Sane
---------Kdb-------------------Silva-------------
----------Aguero-------------Jesus-------------

This how we lined up in the 5-0 albeit with a few different personnel(danilo CB, Mendy lb)

Last edited:
Quite amazed at the amount of derision Sterling has received.His work rate is phenomenal and a joy to behold.
This year his progress has been nothing short of astounding.
Pep has brought out the very best in the fellah and from a supporting perspective I only see much improvement over the coming years.
Now correct me if i'm wrong but he's no striker and no false nos nine but predominantly a play-maker #winger who stepped up to the mark and played on the behest of our boss.
His hit rate accuracy and past misses are sometimes breathtaking to behold but it's a journey and I know the lad will improve.
Look at the bigger picture and see what he offers as a team player.Sometimes I stand back in awe and wonder at his performance and work rate.
Many people have mentioned how we lacked a proper striker yesterday but didn't we have one last Wednesday ?
Not a slight on Jesus but his work rate pales along side Sterling's.My opinion so don't shout at me as I am somewhat fragile and full of Tanqueray. Be nice and uphold the coc : /

What do I think went wrong ?
Well first and foremost we lost a game that we should in essence have won but self entitlement belongs to the rags only and we have no automatic right of passage.Like everyone on here I love our club but sometimes just sometimes shit happens.
On a personal level moi ? I would have played our strongest side over the two games.Beating them and winning the league was far more important than the champs league but hey were all different and that's what makes us individuals yet still passionate blues.
Some would put the champs league as a higher priority and that's mighty fine too.
A handball and stonewall penalty,we hit the post we hit the bar If lady luck was on our side they would have gone in and all would be well again in happyville. But they didn't and we didn't win and so we can analize all we want.Fact of the matter is we now move on to Tuesday with much gusto panache and courage.

We fill our stadia to the brim with waving flags bunting bananas mucho noise and raise our blessed roof supporting the boys to eternal glory or death at the hands of the Evil Scouse Horde.
Fact of the matter is that cometh the hour cometh the man we now march onward and upwards to fight the good fight and if the gods decree we will win this day or go down courageously fighting on the field of play like the champions that we are.Real fucking champions of England !

It's all part of the Masterplan !

--------------------------Ederson-------------------------
-------Stones----------Otamendi--------Laporte------
Walker----------------Fernandinho------------------------Sane
------------------Kdb-------------------Silva--------------------
-------------------Aguero-------------Jesus---------------------

This how we lined up in the 5-0 albeit with a few different personnel(danilo CB, Mendy lb)
I think pep might go for that as a way to control the midfield and have firepower.

Well if resting players for Tue was the plan, I think that's been negated now phsycologically after that balls up yesterday.

This is now a proper acid test for our boys.

I feel terrible but I want Tuesday to be tomorrow, to get back to the ground and sing and cheer until my voice goes and push the lads on.

If they feel half as motivated as I am for Tuesday then we’ll bloody well do this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.