Ref for the derby

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at the first couple of pages on this thread. Think a few people would like to change their view on him now. Catapulted himself into the "Complete tosser" category with that performance.

I’m amazed most had forgiven him for those bent 7 mins in 2009.

I thought he was close enough - certainly not 25 yards away to my recollection - but the 'no foul' decision was instantaneous. The linesman didn't have a chance to signal before the decision, and didn't signal afterwards.
He was unsighted by at least 5 players. He was also in a shit position for the first penalty call. It makes it easier for him to turn stuff down. It’s a complete abdication of responsibility though. He could easily use the rest of his team and linesmen had eyeballs on both penalty claims. Inept or cheats. You choose.

I thought he was close enough - certainly not 25 yards away to my recollection - but the 'no foul' decision was instantaneous. The linesman didn't have a chance to signal before the decision, and didn't signal afterwards.
Linesman cannot intervene once Atkinson has made it clear that he’s decided its not a foul.

Oliver is the best ref out there but there was no way they were going to appoint him after he did 1-2 at the swamp they wanted a yes man and got 1

He was unsighted by at least 5 players. He was also in a shit position for the first penalty call. It makes it easier for him to turn stuff down. It’s a complete abdication of responsibility though. He could easily use the rest of his team and linesmen had eyeballs on both penalty claims. Inept or cheats. You choose.

I'm not too bothered by him not having an angle for the handball - he can't be watching everywhere. The linesman though has to see it.

Funny isn't it. Whenever we get fucked by the officials you hear the same line... "forget the decisions, we shoulda woulda coulda..." bollocks. All we want is a level playing field where we don't have to try harder and get luckier than our opponents. It's a miracle we even got this far in front with c**ts like Atkinson.

Absolutely spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.