United (H) Post Match Thread

And this is what greeted me at the break....

20180409_100406.jpg
Scum!

People calling us mentally fragile and in on Sky i read that we have a glass chin, completely forget some of the heroic comebacks this season. This team has been gargantuan, the way we won all those games in a row and even Everton at home when Walker was wrongly sent off, to call us soft or fragile is fucking wrong. There was a clear dip in intensity for that second half, mentally and physically it seemed some of the main guys were trying to play within themselves to save it up for Tuesday. On the flip-side, the rags used that momentum and we just found it hard to get out of that spiral. The only criticism i can give this team is in the bad moments like that, we need to take control back and not allow the momentum to shift, keep the ball in defense for longer periods and drop into holes to keep the ball, that's what the great Barca team did.

Using this in work today....

Shuts the fuckers right up..

I'm glad it's not been won as you're filthy fuckin name won't have to be associated with us being champions.
Mind the gap, congrats on winning your cup final which used to be ours.:-)

Cheers @manimanc

What the fick is going on?! We were shit in the second half, we were shit on Wednesday. WTF!?
Embarrassing really. Cut them to bits first half. Pogba looked timid and who was that guy from Arsenal? Was he on pitch first half? Well, it will tell Pep that something needs to change for next season to put some guts into the side to match the finesse! Remember De jong? A bit of Nigel would be good. Fighting spirit counts for a lot.

Using this in work today....

Shuts the fuckers right up..

I'm glad it's not been won as you're filthy fuckin name won't have to be associated with us being champions.
Mind the gap, congrats on winning your cup final which used to be ours.:-)

Cheers @manimanc

I've said to a couple of them already that the game reminded me of derbies when we were shit and we'd somehow come up with a way of beating you despite you playing us off the park. It's worked in shutting them up so far.

Saturday still hurts now , but all that matters is what's engraved on that trophy at the end of the season - nothing more nothing less

I haven't had a single rag text since Saturday , they won the battle but they aint won the war and they know it.

If this situation would have been offered to us at the start of the season we all would of took it, I ain't letting one bad week ruin what has been for me, our best season yet

I'm still angry that we didn't seize the opportunity to clinch the title against United. To capitulate that way in the second half is unforgivable.

In the cold light of day though, seeing the way we ripped them apart in the first half, without 4/5 first team regulars, showed how far ahead of them we are. On any other day we would have gone in at least three goals up and it would've been game over. You have to credit United for showing the resilience to fight back, but nine times out of ten we would win that game comfortably. And that's without even mentioning the two penalties we should have been awarded. As said on Saturday, they won a minor battle but we're winning the war.

Last edited:
Reminds me when the goat mugged Gary chuckle when we won 3-1. Was so on a high after that derby, taking the piss out of my United mates, but deep down I knew we were still a million miles away from the scum....

For a team who isn't a "rival" to the mighty United or Liverpool for that matter they sure both celebrated like they won the fa super world European champions league premier cup trophy.

I'm not denying our defence has been suspect, but to say we got equality in the refereeing over both games would be wrong. Maybe we were overdue some rough calls.
No mate I agree completely with you on the decisions front, some have been unbelievable at times, but there's no way the last two results can be blamed on anyone but ourselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.