How do we get better next season?

Let's just enjoy a fine season, two trophies is nothing to be sniffed at. Pep's clearly not worried he's already planning on spending some more dough in the summer to take us to the next level. After all the bollocks thats been spouted this year I say, let the haters hate, let the cheaters, cheat, let the whingers, whinge, I couldn't give a fuck we're the best team in the league by a country mile and we will be for some time. Happy days

1. Defend better instead of keystone cop style.
2. Be more composed,ruthless & clinical in front of goal. We create so many chances but are so wasteful when it matters. These misses have cost us dearly.
3. Midfield replacement for Ferni is a must.
I would also add some changes to the rotation throughout the early and middle stages of the season. We relied so heavily on a midfield of KdB-Fern-David that they're running out of gas at the business end of the season. Pep should rotate Gundogan, Bernardo and whoever we get to fill in for Fern around the international breaks and holiday period so they can have some energy for the congested March-April PL,CL, cup matches. Being a World Cup summer, that break between the tournament and preseason isn't as long as normal so everyone is going to need some time to get their feet back underneath them because I'm sure Pep still has so much to teach in terms of new lessons and correcting frequent errors.

Can't believe how much we've improved over last season so it's going to come down to whether we get complacent and how the rest of the top 6 improve.

It was blindingly obvious that the group of players in Pellegrini's title winning season had learned a lot from winning the league under Mancini. That last game of the season against West Ham was a walk in the park compared to the QPR game and there is no doubt in my mind that it was the experience, and lack of experience from Liverpool, that seen us win the title.

No one in our current side (i discount Yaya as he doesn't play) has experience of being in this position. We do have some title winners but none have the experience of playing for the dominant side. Make no mistakes, the season we've had is one you would expect from Bayern, Barca, Juve etc. Our recent title wins have all come from us being written off and having a never-say-die attitude. This season is totally different.

I expect this young group of players to learn from it and kick on next season. It's going to be difficult but we'll learn from this experience and come back hungrier.

Absolutely this. What’s worse, despite, having played the scousers, and seen our defence struggle badly against the pace of their front three twice before in recent weeks, we made absolutely no attempt at tactical changes to negate such obvious strengths, last night, but rather inexplicably went out with the same failed game plan, 3 times running, and simply hoped for the best
You could not be more wrong. Our tactical set up worked brilliantly last night in beating their high press, their front three didnt get the ball and Liverpool barely had a shot in the first half. The reason things went to shit in the 2nd half in my opinion was: Peps sending off, fatigue and he fact we got robbed of a 2nd goal.

It was blindingly obvious that the group of players in Pellegrini's title winning season had learned a lot from winning the league under Mancini. That last game of the season against West Ham was a walk in the park compared to the QPR game and there is no doubt in my mind that it was the experience, and lack of experience from Liverpool, that seen us win the title.

No one in our current side (i discount Yaya as he doesn't play) has experience of being in this position. We do have some title winners but none have the experience of playing for the dominant side. Make no mistakes, the season we've had is one you would expect from Bayern, Barca, Juve etc. Our recent title wins have all come from us being written off and having a never-say-die attitude. This season is totally different.

I expect this young group of players to learn from it and kick on next season. It's going to be difficult but we'll learn from this experience and come back hungrier.
Absolutely spot on. Hope more people will realise this.

Great post.

Think what last night showed was key players are running on empty due to being overplayed especially through the tough winter schedule. Walker, Silva, de bruyne & Ferna all look very very jaded. We need another creative central midfielder to enable silva and de bruyne some rest, a back up proper left back, a powerful central midfielder to help Fernandinhio or even play alongside him in the toughest games eventually being his permanent replacement and another striker, top quality dynamic type who can finish. So, just 5, seems a lot but there's still imbalances that put too much pressure on certain players. Ship out the legend yaya unfortunately. Finally once and for all Pep needs to find his best central defensive partnership and coach them to defend as a whole defensive unit as well as being ball players. Do this we're fine. We're pretty good anyway reallly but to retain the league will be tough and go further in the corrupt league.

looking overall, when pep took over from Pell he inherited an aging team not cabable of the sort of football we now play. So last season he had a season of testing what he had.

He then did some major strengthening and look what we have, the best football we have seen.

This summer and the summer after that, pep will be filling in the small cracks and strengthening. Judge his season in two years and if we are still throwing games away when in the lead we can ask questions.

I am saying we need two more seasons because no matter how much money you have it doesn't mean to say you can buy the perfect team. The transfer market is shocking, mainly down to agents, but also greed from players. Hence not only city but other clubs see transfers fall through last minute. You cant plan what players you get as easily now, for 6 month the finer details are agreed, then last minute an agent F***S the deal up. We now have the trend of players seeing out a contract until the end then they benefit from bonuses and wages. But yet clubs get monitored for fair play, shambles !!

You could not be more wrong. Our tactical set up worked brilliantly last night in beating their high press, their front three didnt get the ball and Liverpool barely had a shot in the first half. The reason things went to shit in the 2nd half in my opinion was: Peps sending off, fatigue and he fact we got robbed of a 2nd goal.

One of the things i love about Pep is his nature to think fuck it lets go all out to win it.

Yesterday's tactics were exactly that. He knew the players were knackered and the longer the game went on, the more it suited Liverpool. That's why his plan was the get back into the game in the 1st half and use the momentum to see us through the second. Unfortunately, the decision to chalk off Sane's goal and not get another before half time pretty much killed the game.

The first leg pretty much ended the contest but the referring decisions over the whole tie is what has seen Liverpool through.

You’re right about the second goal. It was an absolutely diabolical decision, as was the “none” penalty on Aguero, against the rags on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.