How do we get better next season?

I think we will need to ensure we rotate more in the middle of the season.

We put a lot of effort in that 18 game winning run earlier on and whilst it effectively won us the league, I think we are paying the price physically and pschologically now. We barely rotated.

But players were really happy enjoying sunshine, good restaurants, they even had training sessions in a normal park where old people were playing golf about 100 metres from our players.
Looked great, players like you say looked happy and i thought they would come back refreshed and flying. Feels like the complete opposite, we look tired (understandable i guess after 3 intense games) but i feel we have lacked the intesity and focus these last few games thats served us so well all season.

Did that trip give the players the opportunity to sit back, relax and believe the hard work was done?

You say that but our form around Christmas and New Year was nothing like it was in the first chunk of the season.

We were poor at Newcastle, poor at Palace, okay against Watford but then poor for an hour against Burnley (then brilliant for half an hour), poor against Bristol, poor at Liverpool, not bad against Newcastle but then poor again at Bristol, a couple of good wins then we were poor at Burnley again.
Yes I thought that as well, but then we had a wonderful run beating Arsenal twice, Chelsea & Stoke followed by a good win at Everton after a long break.

The last three games have been a disaster and the hopeless task of clawing back a 3 goal deficit against the Scousers meant we pissed about with the team selection when we played the Scum. That game against our nearest and dearest should have become the absolute priority after the Anfield debacle.

Any 1 think alderweireld could be our new leader at the back could pick him up cheap enough

Would be a clever transfer but one of our rival will pick him on on the cheap and we will pay way over the odds for a slower CB imo in the end. Txiki will make sure of that.

Yes I thought that as well, but then we had a wonderful run beating Arsenal twice, Chelsea & Stoke followed by a good win at Everton after a long break.

The last three games have been a disaster and the hopeless task of clawing back a 3 goal deficit against the Scousers meant we pissed about with the team selection when we played the Scum. That game against our nearest and dearest should have become the absolute priority after the Anfield debacle.
I agree

We need further strength in depth. We've had no left back all season, & without Sterling or Sane, we've lacked the frightening pacw & skill out wide which puts the shits up people.

We also need a long term successor for Fernandinho. Most people will cite KDB as our PotS, but in reality he's been slightly behind Silva in overall effectiveness, but none have come close to Ferna.

I dread to think how we'll replace him, Yaya, Silva, Aguero or Kompany..
The most worrying aspect medium term to emerge from the last week is that Merlin may be starting to lose his legs. He did not play badly in any of the games but he was far from his dominant self. Now maybe his off field problems finally took their toll and impacted upon his level of performance. He is not getting any younger and how the hell do we replace him. Can B.Silva fill his boots?

Sort out the defence, it's something we've consistently not been able to do.
Keeping clean sheets when sides show no ambition against us is quite another thing to folding under pressure when the better sides really have a go at us.

Looked great, players like you say looked happy and i thought they would come back refreshed and flying. Feels like the complete opposite, we look tired (understandable i guess after 3 intense games) but i feel we have lacked the intesity and focus these last few games thats served us so well all season.

Did that trip give the players the opportunity to sit back, relax and believe the hard work was done?
That trip to the Gulf clearly done us no good what so ever

Find the best finisher in world football, dump a truck load of money to his club and get him in to finish the hundreds of chances we waste. Also buy a proper defensive midfielder to protect the defence.
Bang on.
Kun gets goals and is class but doesn't feel like a natural finisher.
Jesus is developing OK finisher but needs more strength and is offside a lot.
Raz.......let's not even go there.

The cupboard is pretty bare. Vardy or even Defoe for a year would be a reasonable cheap addition a la lampard.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.