Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.. the flip-flopping by the various media johnnies according to whichever way the wind of opinion is blowing just shows how little thought/research these overpaid buffoons put into their jobs.. The main problem Pep and our squad have had to face in the past week or so is the increasing tiredness that is affecting performances, the result of 8 months of relentless, high pressure, high quality football, the likes of which NO English club side has EVER attempted before.. Ronay mentions this but only in passing.. If Pep gets the squad strengthened in time for next season (and let’s hope the World Cup doesn’t impact too much on existing squad members as well as any new players Pep brings in), then watch what happens in 2018-19.. this is only just the start..

Most journalists are completely clueless and steal a living. I think Pep will strengthen 2-3 positions and we’ll have Mendy back so we should be much stronger next season.

As Pep said, the league is most important. I agree completely with him.

I’d be delighted if we “only” win the league next season. We had an amazing season and to retain the title is going to be even harder.

Competitions like the CL involve a lot of luck. Small things like referee decisions ultimately decide whether you proceed or not. Juve are out because of a debatable or penalty call. Real won it 2 years ago with an easy route and beat us in the semi on aggregate by 1 goal and won the final on penalties. This year they had a group with Spurs and Dortmund, PSG in the round of 16, Juve in the quarter final, and Bayern in the semi, I don’t think it’s possibe to have a harder draw.

Focus on the league, anything else is a bonus.

Most journalists are completely clueless and steal a living. I think Pep will strengthen 2-3 positions and we’ll have Mendy back so we should be much stronger next season.

As Pep said, the league is most important. I agree completely with him.

I’d be delighted if we “only” win the league next season. We had an amazing season and to retain the title is going to be even harder.

Competitions like the CL involve a lot of luck. Small things like referee decisions ultimately decide whether you proceed or not. Juve are out because of a debatable or penalty call. Real won it 2 years ago with an easy route and beat us in the semi on aggregate by 1 goal and won the final on penalties. This year they had a group with Spurs and Dortmund, PSG in the round of 16, Juve in the quarter final, and Bayern in the semi, I don’t think it’s possibe to have a harder draw.

Focus on the league, anything else is a bonus.
With you all the way on that.. give me the League title over everything during this next phase of City’s development.. two, maybe three titles on the bounce would cement our place at the highest level, as we hopefully continue to progress to a Champions League win at some point in the near future..

With you all the way on that.. give me the League title over everything during this next phase of City’s development.. two, maybe three titles on the bounce would cement our place at the highest level, as we hopefully continue to progress to a Champions League win at some point in the near future..

My view exactly. We’ll win the CL eventually. Winning the league next season and we’ll do something that hasn’t happened in a long time, to win it 3 times on the bounce is a dream.

Listening to Planet Rock radio station right now. Heard an ad for Paddy Power, and their Grand National betting ..... missed exactly what was said both times it's been on in last half hour, but something about 'millions', and then 'as many as the empty seats at the Etihad all season' .....

Beyond a fucking joke.

Listening to Planet Rock radio station right now. Heard an ad for Paddy Power, and their Grand National betting ..... missed exactly what was said both times it's been on in last half hour, but something about 'millions', and then 'as many as the empty seats at the Etihad all season' .....

Beyond a fucking joke.

I heard that on Absolute 80s. Paddy Power take the piss out of everybody and very often the rags. It's all tongue in cheek but for the hard of thinking rags and neutrals who hear this it'll just be yet another confirmation that City never fill the stadium and regularly have 20,000 empty seats.

I heard that on Absolute 80s. Paddy Power take the piss out of everybody and very often the rags. It's all tongue in cheek but for the hard of thinking rags and neutrals who hear this it'll just be yet another confirmation that City never fill the stadium and regularly have 20,000 empty seats.
They were taking the piss out of oil money on the TV add the other day.

I've got no problem with it. I'll just never place a bet with them.. Ever.

Beyond a fucking joke.

Their alternate advert that has been going around all week talks about the Grand National course being 4 miles which is further than Lukaku will run all season.

All tongue in cheek, attention seeking adverts. And they work clearly......

yep paddy power takes the piss out of man utd ....the bbc on the other hand expect me to pay c...un..ts to take the piss.

lets pay oxbridge people to take the piss out of a working class sport...and the people that used to follow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.