It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if we need another CB, but De Ligt is one hell of a talent. Only 18 and has been an Ajax regular since he was 17. But for 50m we could maybe get Koulibaly and that would be a better deal. Don't know about Alcantara tbh. He's great, but we could rather play Bernardo more centrally and buy another winger. Mbappe would be my ultimate dream signing. If we're looking to buy him, would we pay more or less than the 165m reported?

Maybe if we were looking to make only a couple of big signings then yes? Loads of rumors not long ago about hazard and he would have been £120m plus! Mbappe would be an investment for now and the future

I know that PSG have an option to buy him, but if they can't have him because of FFP, would they have to buy him first and then sell him or could they just withdrawn from the deal? If so, we should throw 180m at Monaco for Mbappe and Fabinho

From my view we need :
Ryan Sessegnon
CB (De Ligt??)
Savic from lazio
Thiago/Isco
Griezmann
What do you guys think?

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 2h2 hours ago
Manchester City will move for Kylian Mbappé (19) if PSG have to cash in on the forward after failing to meet Financial Fair Play rules. [@MullockSMirror]

Manchester City are ahead of Arsenal and Bayern Munich in the race to sign Ajax centre-back Matthijs de Ligt (18) after the Dutch club put a £50m price-tag on him. [@MullockSMirror]

Pep Guardiola wants a reunion with Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcântara (27) this summer with Manchester City eyeing a £50m transfer. [Mail on Sunday]

DaxaLVvX4AAi45S.jpg

35 replies47 retweets253 likes

Last edited:
I rate Mullock but think he’s way off the mark with that article. The Mbappe link is purely assumption and comes across as his own guesswork. Even if PSG do get into bother with FFP the worst that’ll happen is a hefty fine and a ban from the CL for a year, they won’t need to sell players. Plus there would be no way we go in for De Ligt either considering we already have 4 centre halves. Any additions in that position depend on Kompany’s plans for the future and even then it’ll be an experienced, happy-to-sit-out-most-weeks, JFE type signing, not another player with potential.

The Isco and Thiago links are interesting considering what Pep said about Silva but again I think it’s guesswork and I imagine we won’t go in for that type of player this summer.

If paper talk is to be believed we’re planning on signing 3 players at the most, a defensive minded midfielder who can ping the ball around, a winger who can play across the front line, and possibly an experienced defender. But when do things ever go to plan? Whatever happens here’s a list of targets from credible sources over the past few months;

Holding midfielder:
Weigl
Fred
NDombele

Winger/Forward:
Hazard (fat chance)
Lewandowski (fat chance)
Bailley
Zaha

Perhaps Thiago could play the holding mid? I remember reading he's pretty good defensively, but he is quite injury prone.

Manchester City will move for Kylian Mbappé (19) if PSG have to cash in on the forward after failing to meet Financial Fair Play rules. [@MullockSMirror]

Manchester City are ahead of Arsenal and Bayern Munich in the race to sign Ajax centre-back Matthijs de Ligt (18) after the Dutch club put a £50m price-tag on him. [@MullockSMirror]

Pep Guardiola wants a reunion with Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcântara (27) this summer with Manchester City eyeing a £50m transfer. [Mail on Sunday]

DaxaLVvX4AAi45S.jpg

35 replies47 retweets253 likes
Yokes! Thise 3 will be something special.

Is Thiago really a defensive minded player though? He seems like someone who is more along the lines of Silva when we need someone to be tackling. De Ligt and Mbappe sound pretty good though.

I expected a shots response. Or we can just carry on with Aguero. The only issue is he's always injured for part of a season, his form goes up and down, and he's only ever his more than 25 one in the premier league. Not saying Kane should replace Aguero. We need both and Jesus. Get him in and watch him go. Ederson with a target man would be unbelievable.

I think we should experiment with a tall forward. Even someone like Giroud could benefit from accurate over the top balls from DeBruyne, Silva and Ederson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.