Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason why he cannot replicate figures like Salah has this season.

I feel for Raz because he is often overlooked, even by fans on here, in favour of Sane and Jesus when in fact Sterling is much more valuable than them.

His finishing has improved this season so with more work why can't it improve again next season. My only worry would be if he can learn composure???

Sane will play there more. Deadly in front of goal and great movements. Just needs to be less yellow with his back to goal
This is what I dont get, Sane is the left side version of Sterling yet Sterling seems to get many many more chances than Sane, if Sane got as many chances as Sterling I'm sure he'd have more goals might even be our leading scorer, not sure why he doesn't maybe his movement and anticipation isnt as good as Sterlings yet.
As for Sterling centrally, if Pep can fix his finishing and who am I to say he can't then yes it's possible, after all Sallah is two years older and who would have seen that imptrovement coming certainly not me.

His record for a wide player, is spectacular, but his number of misses for an out & out striker, is poor.

If he is to play more in the middle, I would prefer it to be something he earned, because his finishing had visibly improved again next season, rather than something done as an experiment, hoping that his finishing would improve by playing there.

Would be world class if he could finish better, don't remember it being a problem before coming here though

His record for a wide player, is spectacular, but his number of misses for an out & out striker, is poor.

If he is to play more in the middle, I would prefer it to be something he earned, because his finishing had visibly improved again next season, rather than something done as an experiment, hoping that his finishing would improve by playing there.
Finishing can improve. His instinctive finishing is brilliant. It's when he has time it becomes a problem. That can't be taught

He’s that good at dribbling and his movement he’d be lethal up front, but only when/if he sorts his finishing out.

Every other aspect of his game is superb but finishing. Yet he’s one of the highest scorers in the PL this season.

Not sure abouot Sterling and shooting. He's been throuogh this before where he cant score, then he turned it around but now he is back to spotlight on him and not scoring and everyone highlighting it.

Pundits on MotD said it best, he gets into the right positions, he is brave and despite the shite he gets he keeps trying, and most of the time succeeding.

Having said that, it's nice to know we could improve upon him, but he is so integral to the City squad, gets on with Sane and co and works well with KDB. So he better get the mental side right and I am sure he will be as important to City as KDB or Silva or Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.