League title or Champions League?

Always, always the league. Too many variables in a cup comp, and generally those variables are shit officials. We would need some luck to win the CL, no luck involved in winning the league, just being the best over 38 games.

I wish we could puss UEFA off big time. Win the league and then decline the invitation to play CL, or if that's not possible, just name the U23 squad for it. Treat them with contempt they treat us.

Dreaming I know, still we can hope eh?

League for me.

However I would prefer that we didn’t overplay the players in the league and FA cup.

I would forgo both of those to keep the key players fresh for the CL games.

All the big clubs in the prem target winning the league at the start of the season, that’s most clubs priority. Liverpool, Roma or Real Madrid might win the champions league this season, they’re all outside the top two in their retrospective league.

I wish we could puss UEFA off big time. Win the league and then decline the invitation to play CL, or if that's not possible, just name the U23 squad for it. Treat them with contempt they treat us.

Dreaming I know, still we can hope eh?
I'd rather destroy the competition to make the final, then boo the anthem to death so everyone can see why UEFA are such a cancer to the sport.

But picking one over the other, the League please.

Last edited:
If the champions league was just for the champions of each country i would say yes .but when you get teams finishing 15 points behind the leaders .Then teams are selected or seeded for different " pots" it makes a mockery of the whole competition

The League for me by a mile. Look at Liverpool, they won the Champs League against AC Milan in incredible circumstances but they didn't even finish high enough that year to qualify for the next season's Champs League competition and they've never won the Premier League. I wouldn't trade our Premier League title victories for 'THAT' night in Istanbul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.