PFA Team of the Year

Myself and Chelsea fans I speak to don't even think Alonso should be in the team. He was ok in 2017, but he's downright awful since the turn of the year. The left back position has been pretty poor in the PL this season, so if it was up to me, i'd just put a back 3 there, and add an extra midfielder instead. No Chelsea player should be in the TOTY.
I'd love to see if Delph was counted as a midfielder or defender tbh as I think he's been consistently better than Alonso this season.

I have to accept that De Gea is a decent keeper - but at the moment he has conceded more goals than Mr. Cool - 26 to 25.
with 5 games to go. Does it rely on number of clean sheets ? - I have not checked that stat.

I guess they couldn't ignore Aguero again after leaving him out in 2015 when he was top scorer by 4 clear goals. Glad he got in this time but it really should have been 3 years ago instead of Costa.

I'd love to see if Delph was counted as a midfielder or defender tbh as I think he's been consistently better than Alonso this season.

Delph has been ok, nothing about him impresses me, but if there has to be a token left back in there, he's as good an option as any. I'd still rather just have 3 defenders and 4 midfielders. This way, Sane or even Firmino gets in, if formation is tweaked a bit.

Must remember that they are voted for the players, so we can't protest too much :)

DbD3EGkWkAER4tW.jpg

When you get nminated for both Player of the Year and also Young Player of the Year but not the team of the year shows what a mockery these awards are. While I'm really happy that Aguero has finally been included I'm really not sure he should be ahead of Sané.
Neither should be ahead of Sterling.

Happy for Aguero though, helps make up for years of bias.

I have to accept that De Gea is a decent keeper - but at the moment he has conceded more goals than Mr. Cool - 26 to 25.
with 5 games to go. Does it rely on number of clean sheets ? - I have not checked that stat.
It relies on who gets the most votes. I can understand why De Gea's in there over Ederson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.