Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

Recent developments have led me to fancy Arsenal.

They're all going to be stronger that's a fact.

I think the reason why it hasn't been retained for so long is because of the recruitment in the summer.

first winning season we signed Aguero, Nasri and Clichy and won the title. The next season the only signings were all under 20 million. Garcia £17m, Rodwell £12m and Nastasic £12m.

2013-14 we signed Fernandinho 30m, Negredo, Navas and Jovetic and won the league the next summer, Sagna, Fernando, Willy and 40mil on Mangala.

If we recruit poor in the summer we won't win the league. It has been the case for ages.

Kind of agree with that assessment but we are in a somewhat stronger position now. There are only 2 or 3 weaknesses this time round and we have a lot of young players yet to reach their peak. The big issue for me emerging on the horizon are replacements for Merlin and Ferno Particular the former.
Next season all the top teams will be stronger and the departure of Wenger may bring Arsenal back into the mix. It really depends on who does good business in the summer and in the case of Spuds this means first holding on to what they have and the dippers need to keep Salah. I think we should come out on top again barring a rash of injuries but expect a much closer contest.

Liverpool will be main threat.
Last three games with them have demonstrated that there aren't twenty points between us regarding current levels of performance
Their almost comical defending early season seems to be a thing of the past.
They've already signed Keita and will make.2 or 3 more big signings to revamp their midfield.
Another factor, unlike previous years, is they have the cash to spend.
I don't agree with that, I believe they will draw a lot of games next season

The much-derided "holistic" approach will help cement our place at the top next season. As injuries/suspensions take their toll on teams, our replacements will seamlessly fill in without having to adapt/adjust to our style and ethos, whereas the rest of the league will not be geared up to cope as well. Those fighting for a top four spot are likely to take points off each other, specially in the hectic christmas period, and there does not appear to be a clear favourite, with all of them being inconsistent. They will have to cope with teams defending for all their might, home and away, and we have seen how difficult it can be to overcome. Doing it week in week out is the key to success as we have just demonstrated. Tbh I'm not arsed who comes second.......

We must be wary next season, not only of the post league winning dip, but also because teams will not only begin to mimic our style of play a bit more but they will also be working on ways to nullify our attacking play, by fair means or foul.
The top teams will move further clear of the rest of the chasing pack meaning our battles with the other top 6 teams will be crucial.
Still think We will win it but it won't be as straightforward next year. Those dirty Scouse ****s will be closer as well....

Dippers will be better with keita and a new keeper. Like it or not but the rags will spend big again and if spuds invested more then we will improve. Still fancy us by 10 points next season

Referees and linesmen will once again pose the biggest threat to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.