Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m never certain on that point GDM. I think it depends on the individuals concerned. When it comes out of the mouth of Adrian Durham for example you know it’s all for show to get the punters all riled up, but equally I look at someone like Collymore and, yeh, I believe he really is that stupid
Someone who believed those teams were better than our current one would have addressed the principal points that rebutts those assertions, namely our points and wins accumulated (to date, seeing as he's made these assertions before the season is over), which (pro rata) significantly exceed both those teams.

Both those factors are objective measurements against which teams from different eras can (to a significant, but not overwhelming extent) be compared. It is much easier to evaluate and compare than whether Keane is a better player than De Bruyne (for example).

The fact he has failed to address those factors suggests to me that he knows his argument is built on straw, but that he doesn't care, as he's committed it to print, presumably to follow an expeditious editorial
line.

Any club that accumulates the most points and goals (assuming we do) deserves consideration as the best team ever, rather than being glibly dismissed out of hand. To suggest otherwise descends into the realms of the absurd; something I'm virtually certain he would accept if he was being honest - which he's palpably not imo.

I'm not saying that this team is definitely the best ever, but its record and performance this season means it's earned the right to be considered and such. Anyone who suggests otherwise is an utter fool, lying or both.

What I can say with equal certainty is that the best journalist in the last 26 years won't be scraping a living working for the Peterborough Telegraph. That isn't open to debate.

Someone who believed those teams were better than our current one would have addressed the principal points that rebutts those assertions, namely our points and wins accumulated (to date, seeing as he's made these assertions before the season is over), which (pro rata) significantly exceed both those teams.

Both those factors are objective measurements against which teams from different eras can (to a significant, but not overwhelming extent) be compared. It is much easier to evaluate and compare than whether Keane is a better player than De Bruyne (for example).

The fact he has failed to address those factors suggests to me that he knows his argument is built on straw, but that he doesn't care, as he's committed it to print, presumably to follow an expeditious editorial
line.

Any club that accumulates the most points and goals (assuming we do) deserves consideration as the best team ever, rather than being glibly dismissed out of hand. To suggest otherwise descends into the realms of the absurd; something I'm virtually certain he would accept if he was being honest - which he's palpably not imo.

I'm not saying that this team is definitely the best ever, but its record and performance this season means it's earned the right to be considered and such. Anyone who suggests otherwise is an utter fool, lying or both.

What I can say with equal certainty is that the best journalist in the last 26 years won't be scraping a living working for the Peterborough Telegraph. That isn't open to debate.

Lunchtime O’Booze?!

line.

Great post Gordon agee with every word.

line.

You should post more often.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.