We’re bombing Syria

By the way, now you’ve opened this can of worms again, Ricster will be along to prattle on about Genie Energy, its role in the war and its connections to Murdoch, the Rothschilds and Israel, most of which is conspiracy bollocks.
Yes well ricster was convinced that Saudi Arabia, with the blessing of the US, was going to overthrow the Qatari Emir and bomb the shit out it a la Yemen as well.

all he had to do was agree to do as instructed by the west which he refused.

For this refusal he has been castigated by the west and our biased media have been happy to oblige in his demonisation just as they did with Saddam Hussein and look what a mess Iraq is today.
Ah so you’re forgetting him sending in tanks to put down peaceful protests during the Arab Spring and thus lighting the tinder box for their civil war?

Also, re: Saddam, you think he was a sound guy in reality and the Western media just portrayed him in a bad light?

I may be looking at this whole thing too simplistically but my understanding is that Syria has allied itself with Russia and the two countries offer each other benefits. If another country or collection of countries want to do something that doesn’t offer any advantage to Syria or Russia, why would they roll over? Would we if we were in the same situation?
You’re conflating “Syria” and “Assad” as if it means the same thing.

Yes well ricster was convinced that Saudi Arabia, with the blessing of the US, was going to overthrow the Qatari Emir and bomb the shit out it a la Yemen as well.

There was some truth to this. I know somebody well placed in Saudi Arabia that told me there were initial preparations underway within the RSAF. I think those plans were thwarted when Turkey refused to withdraw its forces from Qatar (and actually deployed more forces).

So, for those who firmly believe that Assad is responsible for the chemical attacks, what do you think or want the end game to be?
Don’t just glibly say “I just want him to stop gassing his own people”. Do you want him out and if so,to be replaced with who?
What's the salary like? I'll do it for 500k a year.

There was some truth to this. I know somebody well placed in Saudi Arabia that told me there were initial preparations underway within the RSAF. I think those plans were thwarted when Turkey refused to withdraw its forces from Qatar (and actually deployed more forces).
Doubt it. Not while there’s 10,000 US troops at their airbase at Doha. That’s unless the Americans were in on it.

Doubt it. Not while there’s 10,000 US troops at their airbase at Doha. That’s unless the Americans were in on it.

The Americans probably would have withdrawn to their countless other bases in the region. I don’t know exactly why it didn’t happen, but I do know that the Saudis were preparing for something. It is common knowledge amongst the Saudis that activity at Saudi airbases increased enormously at that time.

You’re conflating “Syria” and “Assad” as if it means the same thing.
Well I don’t know the figures percentage wise for how many Syrians support Assad. Nor do I for any middle eastern country. Or how many Russians truly support Putin.
Even if I am conflating anything, it’s not addressing the question regarding the construction of a pipeline by Saudi, Turkey, the US or whoever.

The potential pipeline explains why certain countries have chosen to support particular sides in the conflict and it’s probable that the war would have finished years ago if all outsiders left the Syrians to get on with killing each other by themselves until they’d had enough. As to the start of it, who knows?
My personal opinion was that it was a popular uprising along the lines of the other Arab spring uprisings, however Russia and Iran stepped in to protect their own interests which prompted other players such as Saudi and Qatar to start supporting some rebel groups to see if they could leverage any benefits such as the pipeline.
So it's not about an alleged chemical attack and us stepping in on grounds of human rights?

Is this the point in all weak arguments where you start to change the narrative?

I think those plans were thwarted when Turkey refused to withdraw its forces from Qatar (and actually deployed more forces).
The 10,000 United States troops and their airbase also helped along with Rex Tillerson slapping Prince Cuntflap back into place.

Qatar also went on Naval Excercises with France and Britain the following week.

My point being that whatever KSA wanted to do, the West were very much against it whereas Ricster thought it was all part of a US led plot. (No doubt led by Jews). As everything is a conspiracy in his eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.