United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about transfer fees is this.
When a club buys a key player for their team, they want to keep hold of him, so they put a release clause in the player's contract.
The release clause could be any amount and should act as a deterrent to potential buyers.
The ridiculous fee which PSG paid for Neymar was exceptional and unjustified.
I don't think that Barcelona , in their wildest imagination, expected another club to shell out so much for him.
From a personal point of view, I don't think that any player is worth anywhere near the amounts that are paid for them.
A couple of million should be enough for anybody!

The thing about transfer fees is this.
When a club buys a key player for their team, they want to keep hold of him, so they put a release clause in the player's contract.
The release clause could be any amount and should act as a deterrent to potential buyers.
The ridiculous fee which PSG paid for Neymar was exceptional and unjustified.
I don't think that Barcelona , in their wildest imagination, expected another club to shell out so much for him.
From a personal point of view, I don't think that any player is worth anywhere near the amounts that are paid for them.
A couple of million should be enough for anybody!

It has always been the way with transfer fees.

I remember when the greatest manager this country has ever produced paid £1 million for that Plymothian twat, Trevor Francis, many people said a player is never worth anything like that sort of money.

I know times have changed and inflation and other influences make a million quid is nothing for a player nowadays, but the principle remains.

Last edited:
When you're as handsome as him, you act however you want.
03-16-he-pingping.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.