Marvel Universe vs DC Universe...

It might be elastic :-)
614.jpeg

When I see a new Marvel film is coming out, I feel exactly the same as when I find out Michael Bay is making another Transformers movie.

When I see a new DC film is coming out, well I don't see that it's coming out.

So that's probably the reason.

All Marvel characters have well fleshed out back stories, you care about them. They have flaws.

DC have the water guy, some android, a rip off of an xman, and the lad that can't lose, even comes back from the dead to single handedly solve everything.

In fairness along with Star Wars it’s all a bit nerdy but most just judge it simply as good film or bad film. The superhero films have been done to death and offer no real value. Repetitive entertainment has its merits if nothing else is on I wouldn’t pay to watch one though.

With respect, I never understand this argument/ POV. There are no original stories being told anymore and yet, we still have the same films churned out from different viewpoints.

Same could be attributed to comic book storytelling; there are always fresh eyes on a story.

All Marvel characters have well fleshed out back stories, you care about them. They have flaws.

DC have the water guy, some android, a rip off of an xman, and the lad that can't lose, even comes back from the dead to single handedly solve everything.

There's been some credence given to your line of thinking ont'web.

But, why do the comic universes not fall flat, in the same way, for DC??

This is the bug bear for me.

With respect, I never understand this argument/ POV. There are no original stories being told anymore and yet, we still have the same films churned out from different viewpoints.

Same could be attributed to comic book storytelling; there are always fresh eyes on a story.

Originality in cinema like music is hard to find but I get a lot more out of say 3 billboards than superheroes beating suprvillians again and again. I don’t read comics being an adult but if they went from stand alone to eventually joined forces this may have been done over a longer period. The films have no where to go really.

I used to like comics when I was a child. Never really bothered about which ones they were. Not at all bothered about the films as I think they take rather too many resources away from grown up films.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.