Would we be in a CL Final if we didn't draw Liverpool?

End the thread now its like the rags saying they would be champions if we weren't above them. We got drawn against the dippers over two legs and conceded 5 goals, the first half at Anfield was a disaster and it leaves me scratching my head wondering why we can wipe the floor with United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs at their own grounds but once we get into Merseyside we go completely to pieces.

We lost our composure against a front 3 pressing us and forcing us into mistakes, teams that sat back and took a beating off us this season will look to employ the dippers tactics and force us to drop points in the league.

Agree. This is similar to the alternative league tables that Liverpool fans love that show them at the top of the table under certain (bullshit) conditions.

Like this from last year in the Echo.

Not getting to see this City side up against Real, Barca or Bayern is definitely a dissapointing aspect of the season. It would've been exciting to see how far we've come as a team and I would have fancied us against all three.

Unfortunately, Uefa will never allow us to get to the Champions League final when we are booing their anthem. This match is viewed by the hundreds of millions of people worldwide and would reflect very badly on Uefa, this is why we have been well and truly stitched up this year with some quite shocking decisions.

Unfortunately, Uefa will never allow us to get to the Champions League final when we are booing their anthem. This match is viewed by the hundreds of millions of people worldwide and would reflect very badly on Uefa, this is why we have been well and truly stitched up this year with some quite shocking decisions.
The booing is irrelevant. We are not old money so they will do everything possible to minimise our chances. It was just a tidge too blatant against Liverpool. 4 incorrect goal decisions is effing incredible.

if we dont have the mental capacity to beat liverpool at anfield i doubt we would be able to play madrid without bottling it.

Watching Liverpool/Roma last night and Bayern/Real tonight really sickened me. We're a better team than Liverpool - the league table does not lie - all of our weakest performances were against them. Roma - Dzeko, De Rossi and Alisson apart, look the most inept team to play in a CL semi. Bayern and Real both look they're on something of a down-swing and will strengthen next season. This season's CL is wide open - we could have won it - a missed opportunity. Next season Barca will strengthen and the competition will most likely involve the usual big-hitters with improved teams. A missed opportunity. Sheikh Mansour has the CL at the top of his wish list - that's what we're all about now and not just one CL. Anyone who thinks the plan is to win one CL and rest on our laurels is mistaken. Sheikh Mansour wants us to become an ultra elite club - we cannot achieve that until we start winning Champions Leagues. We will improve next season - no doubt about that. I'd like to think our players all watched last night's and tonight's games. Hopefully, it motivates them to improve.

I think we could have beaten Roma and Bayern Munich, but I'm less convinced that we could have beated Real Madrid. They are inexplicably underrated by some, especially in the English media. Assuming both progress, Liverpool would probably need to score both first and quickly thereafter to win. Should Real score first, then it will be interesting to see how Liverpool cope with the pressure of chasing the game and closing the gaps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.