The Bluemoon Job Club.

I need some advice for a forthcoming interview. Theyll ask me why i want to work there and do i have any questions of my own.
I hate them type of questions and for some reason they always stump me.
Any advice? I really need this job

I need some advice for a forthcoming interview. Theyll ask me why i want to work there and do i have any questions of my own.

The "why" question is where your company research pays off, and also what the opportunity represents to you. Always a bit of bullshit involved in this one, up to you how much you wish to blag.

As for questions.....a really good one, amongst others, is to ask at the end whether the interviewer thinks you're a good fit for the role. It shows an ability to accept potential criticisms and feedback.

What’s the job? I’d research the company and identify some good work they’ve done and clients they’ve worked with. Identify parts of the job you can excel at. In terms of your questions ask about your own training, development and progression opportunities. You could ask about the direction of the company over the next 5 years. Does that help?

The "why" question is where your company research pays off, and also what the opportunity represents to you. Always a bit of bullshit involved in this one, up to you how much you wish to blag.

As for questions.....a really good one, amongst others, is to ask at the end whether the interviewer thinks you're a good fit for the role. It shows an ability to accept potential criticisms and feedback.

What’s the job? I’d research the company and identify some good work they’ve done and clients they’ve worked with. Identify parts of the job you can excel at. In terms of your questions ask about your own training, development and progression opportunities. You could ask about the direction of the company over the next 5 years. Does that help?
Thank you. I can work with these, I always seem to hit a mental block at the interview stage. It's no great job , just working at a distribution centre but will enable me to relocate nearer to my youngest child which is important.

Thank you. I can work with these, I always seem to hit a mental block at the interview stage. It's no great job , just working at a distribution centre but will enable me to relocate nearer to my youngest child which is important.
I think it’s ok to talk about being closer to family. It’s a good value that employers will value. Just throw in other things as well. Maybe it’s a bigger company with more options for promotion, responsibility etc. All the best!

To alleviate some of the inevitable interview address, I try to consider mine as a two-way interview. You've as much right to ask questions as they do, and the more you ask, the better. It might not be suitable for your purposes but asking about long term aims of the company and if there is anything workwise for you to take home and consider (not paperwork, just something like a thought for the future) can help too.

I think it’s ok to talk about being closer to family. It’s a good value that employers will value. Just throw in other things as well. Maybe it’s a bigger company with more options for promotion, responsibility etc. All the best!

To alleviate some of the inevitable interview address, I try to consider mine as a two-way interview. You've as much right to ask questions as they do, and the more you ask, the better. It might not be suitable for your purposes but asking about long term aims of the company and if there is anything workwise for you to take home and consider (not paperwork, just something like a thought for the future) can help too.
I got the job, thanks for the tips, I did use them
Next move is relocating, job starts Monday wow. Anyone wants to sub me a grand? pm me x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.