Wembley being sold?

So what happened with all that bollocks talk I have seen on here so many times that City cannot buy The Etihad because of some Sport England funding......Wembley had Sport England funding when it was re-developed and do not mention the fucking Millennium Dome!!!

So what happened with all that bollocks talk I have seen on here so many times that City cannot buy The Etihad because of some Sport England funding......Wembley had Sport England funding when it was re-developed and do not mention the fucking Millennium Dome!!!

Wembley got taxpayer and lottery funding to th tune of about £200m according to tonights news........................thats gonna be repaid surely................

It's not that we can't buy the stadium, but that Sport England would get a huge chunk of the money, effectively taking it out of Manchester. We decided to continue to pay rent to Manchester council instead

Wembley got taxpayer and lottery funding to th tune of about £200m according to tonights news........................thats gonna be repaid surely................
Not under Tories mate, just profiteering with privatisation of another state asset.

The point is if we buy the stadium the money goes back to Sport England NOT sport in Manchester where the rent currently goes.

That was the one Birningham City council were offering. Spot on for everyone apart from the FA.
It doesn't take much more time to go from central London to Birmingham by train than it does to get to Wembley - and it can be done in comfort as well.

Last edited:
The perfect site in Birmingham was found. Slap bang next to the airport with motorways, left, right and centre, and a rail hub for easy getaways. But it had to be London...

The short list of 5 cities was narrowed down to 2 Wembley and Manchester in 95, then Wembley was chosen in 96. it Dragged on with it as a dual purpose stadium for football and athletics, then in 99 a design was revealed with no athletics and the FA had to pay back £20M of lottery money. In 2000 the new government ordered a review, as part of that the Sports Minister asked if Birmingham or Coventry could be a venue however this was never feasible due to the FA having £120M of lottery money invested in having bought the old Wembley. So Birmingham was never really an option The FA were and are obsessed with Wembley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.