Had to kill a pigeon tonight

A fox once cleaned my chicken coop out, leaving me three dead and one poor hen with a gaping neck wound. It was in a bad way so once I'd put the dead ones in the furnace I found myself apologising to a half dead chicken before putting it out of its misery. Whilst ringing its neck the head came clean of in my hand with the body actually running round for two or three seconds, which was a slightly disturbing sight.

Ah, the old 'headless chicken' routine.

Some of them can run around for hours.

Mike survived for 18 months, though he did have a bit of brain stem attached which helped.

He was still largely headless though.

Last edited:
If it happens again (obviously with a different pigeon) , just take its head off with a spade. Quicker and not as messy.
I speak from experience.

This is a video of man killing a dying fly in the quickest/most efficient way.

I have often thought, what if I hit a cat with my car.. or somehow come across a dying animal, where the best thing to do would be to end it's consciousness as quickly as possible. What would I do? - I actually think hitting small animals with a brick, over and over again isn't a bad idea. A hydraulic press would be perfect.. but who carries one of them around on the off chance?
When an animal is suffering unspeakably, in the death throes, it's fucking really important to end it's suffering as quickly as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.