Picture ID On The Back Of Your Season Ticket

I really can't see how this would speed things up. If the stewards were to have a good look at you against your photo, it would slow things down (a computer would be far quicker), if the steward just takes a quick look - which they will after checking hundreds of cards - it's open to human error. Should you lose your card, you can cancel it and the card would be useless. But with your idea people could still attempt to use it and potentially get in. I once got into Maine Road with the wrong ticket taken from a friend's season ticket book, the steward didn't check it properly.

The main problem with your idea, however, is the obvious problem of not being able to let others use your card if you can't make the game. Some people even share season tickets. How many people attend a match on someone's else's season ticket per game? How many peopleose their ticket and don't manage to cancel it per game? You're creating a huge problem by trying to eliminate a problem that's not really there.

There needs to be something done about the huge queues outside the ground but I'm sorry to say, this is a terrible idea. No offense.

One of the reasons you scan your card is so that City know who is in the stadium and how many for security reasons.

I work for Costco Wholesale, which is a member only Wholesale Retailer.

To gain entry into the warehouse you need a membership card with your name and picture of your face on the back of your card.

Before entering the building you have to show your card and the picture of your face on it to a member of staff on the door.

When you join, a picture is taken of your face and printed on the back of the card. You stand against a white board, a small camera is held up, pointed at you, picture taken, card goes in the printer, pops out the other side in a few seconds, done. :-)

Without the card, or a picture of your face on the card, you are not allowed in the warehouse.

It got me thinking.

Perhaps something similar would be a good idea for season ticket holders at City, meaning they wouldn't have to be scanned before entering the stadium. Just a quick show of your season ticket with your face on the back of it to the steward and off you go. It would definitely speed up the queues. Matchday ticket holders could still be scanned.

People could get their picture taken once their season ticket arrives during the pre-season. Those City fans living far away could get their picture taken when they come up for their first match.

The whole process would be pretty easy to set up by the club. Initially it would take a bit of organising, but after that it would be pretty easy to maintain. It certainly doesn't cause Costco any problems, and they have 100,000's of members.

Once your picture is taken, it can be saved on a data base at the club, and printed the following season on to your new season ticket, if you renew again. Easy.

1 example of a Costco Wholesale card.

IMG_2723.jpg

Thoughts.

one ugly looking fucker

No gain a blind Showsec guy squinting at a small picture taken in the summer when you turn up in big coat, scarf, hat and now bearded as opposed to putting a card in a slot?

Works ok at Costco but not quite the same demand to move footfall quickly.

I work for Costco Wholesale, which is a member only Wholesale Retailer.

To gain entry into the warehouse you need a membership card with your name and picture of your face on the back of your card.

Before entering the building you have to show your card and the picture of your face on it to a member of staff on the door.

When you join, a picture is taken of your face and printed on the back of the card. You stand against a white board, a small camera is held up, pointed at you, picture taken, card goes in the printer, pops out the other side in a few seconds, done. :-)

Without the card, or a picture of your face on the card, you are not allowed in the warehouse.

It got me thinking.

Perhaps something similar would be a good idea for season ticket holders at City, meaning they wouldn't have to be scanned before entering the stadium. Just a quick show of your season ticket with your face on the back of it to the steward and off you go. It would definitely speed up the queues. Matchday ticket holders could still be scanned.

People could get their picture taken once their season ticket arrives during the pre-season. Those City fans living far away could get their picture taken when they come up for their first match.

The whole process would be pretty easy to set up by the club. Initially it would take a bit of organising, but after that it would be pretty easy to maintain. It certainly doesn't cause Costco any problems, and they have 100,000's of members.

Once your picture is taken, it can be saved on a data base at the club, and printed the following season on to your new season ticket, if you renew again. Easy.

1 example of a Costco Wholesale card.

IMG_2723.jpg

Thoughts.
Love Costco cakes. They would be a great addition to the match day catering. Could you bring it up at Points of Blue meetings?

I’m one of the biggest culprits for posting shite on here but at least I don’t start new threads to do so. What an utterly mind blowingly wank suggestion that is.

Well I was going to say it's a good idea, but after reading the comments from other members, I'm going to do an about turn and say it's a dog shit plan doomed to failure....sorry jrb, I'm just not strong enough to go up against the flow of the masses popular opinion!!! I hope you understand.
I'm going to cut you loose now mate, bye!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.