Football is fixed blog

Jumping back to the blog for a minute

Dec 31st 2017 - Crystal Palace 0 Manchester City 0 (Jonathan Moss gives Palace a fallacious penalty and then fails to send off Palace player Puncheon for an assault on de Bruyne. SE Asian bookmakers were aware of this outcome pre-game as were numerous members of the BT Sport crew despite the fact that Manchester City had just won 19 consecutive league games)

If the result was pre-mediated 0-0, why would (presumably in-the-know) referee give Palace a penalty? How does this prevent our scoring in the same free manner we had been doing for the previous 19 matches? Are they implying the whole City team was involved? Anyone who saw the game knows it was a shocking performance by Moss, and if the "pre-determined result" had been a palace win, then I might see some credence in the claims

Jan 4th 2018 - Tottenham Hotspur 1 West Ham United 1 (a Mike Dean spectacular with Spurs being denied half a dozen second half penalty shouts before they managed to equalise as a result of a foul on West Ham's Lanzini - this was another event with dark pool power dominating the outcome)

Again self-contradictory, the narrative suggests a pre-determined 1-1, yet spurs are denied numerous penalties before scoring a disputed goal? why not just give one of the penalties?

I'm sure there is corruption in football, spot fixing, some favouritism, and the recent cock-ups in cup draws makes that debate more relevant than ever before, not to mention the Rob Halsey comments which were quickly covered up, but widespread as this blog suggests? Far from convinced.

VAR will come, what is needed is more openness about the decision making process, miked up ref's works well in rugby, and replays of controversial decisions on the big screen would be good. But football is also about the passion for the game, which if all controversy was removed, would undoubtedly diminish. We wouldn't have this thread for one thing.
Refs in the PL have been miked up since 2013 to a ‘media centre’ and five years later they are still pretending they are not

I can’t remember palaces penalty that day - was it a dodgy decision and wasn’t puncheon in the last minute?
The penalty was given for a clear dive by Zaha, Puncheon occurred in the quick break following Ederson’s save, putting a stop to any further involvement from Kevin.
The same game where Moss showed his credentials as a Doctor by telling Jesus to get up as he wasn’t injured and didn’t require treatment. Subsequently out of action for nearly three months.

I think there is a certain level of corruption (or perhaps it's just bias) at play in the PL. There are just too many matches where the referee performance overwhelmingly favours one team just for it to be human error or incompetence. Incompetence or human error should see bad decisions made in favour of both teams.

Refs in the PL have been miked up since 2013 to a ‘media centre’ and five years later they are still pretending they are not

is that a confirmed fact? if so who confirmed? tbh I hadn't heard this before this thread. Interesting if true. Obviously Im'm aware they are miked together

Taking the Palace game, I believe you have the wrong idea of the pre-match fix as it was on City not extending their 19 match winning streak against one of, if not the, worst teams in the country. The odds on City not getting the required win were very high.
City would need not to be involved in the fix except as patsies to Jonathon Moss’ corrupt refereeing (some might say he’s incompetent, he’s not) that fixed the game for his bessie mate John Coloughn, a book maker and fixer for, surprise surprise, Roy Hodgson. These three have a history of alleged fixed games going back as far as 2007.

OK that makes a little more sense, however for us not to score against the worst team in the country is still a stretch. Show me 2 or 3 disallowed goals and I'm swayed, but this is flimsy tbh. I may try and find the game online and watch again....though I do remember the ref being very much a homer, but that in itself isnt unusual

alleged history of fixing games for 11 years and no substantial proof offered? they must be very good and everybody involved must be great and trusting pals for none of this to really come out.

OK that makes a little more sense, however for us not to score against the worst team in the country is still a stretch. Show me 2 or 3 disallowed goals and I'm swayed, but this is flimsy tbh. I may try and find the game online and watch again....though I do remember the ref being very much a homer, but that in itself isnt unusual

alleged history of fixing games for 11 years and no substantial proof offered? they must be very good and everybody involved must be great and trusting pals for none of this to really come out.
There has been substantial proof offered, just not to you, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist though.
Similarly two or three disallowed goals, well we certainly got those against Liverpool. But disallowed goals are far too obvious, if I was fixing a game I’d be much more subtle than that.

Most fans are against VAR.
I’m for VAR but it’s still at its early stages - so when VAR gets it wrong, peopls still cry corruption. We are implementing it the right way which is very slowly.
The way VAR was introduced to the league and the way it was operated, the way they managed to drag out simple decisions that should have taken 20/30 seconds, the squiggly lines for the offside, why did it have to be at a central hub when all you need is a screen in the ground/tunnel, why was it all done in secret meaning know one but the officials knew what was going on etc etc, all points to it being one big fuck up, they then allow for it to go to a vote if it’s wanted, they made a dogs dinner of it on purpose, the powers that be don’t want it and they made sure no one else would too
If it had been used in the Champions League there was a good chance City would have progressed against Liverpool but that’s not the outcome wanted by UEFA, the whole thing is bent, but proving it conclusively is near on impossible

Most fans are against VAR.
I’m for VAR but it’s still at its early stages - so when VAR gets it wrong, peopls still cry corruption. We are implementing it the right way which is very slowly.
The rugby model is there tried and tested and guess what it WORKS! No excuse not to use it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.