West Ham (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only selection I don’t agree with is Bernardo not starting. I’d have started him in all the remaining games personally. But the team is virtually as strong as we can put out, and with so many still waiting on bets to come in, that’s all we can ask for!

Maybe he just doesn't see Bernardo the winger as a CM. He'd have played there if Pep saw a CM in him, heck he'd have started over Gundogan vs Liverpool if he saw a hint of a CM in him.

He doesn't control games like Dave
He doesn't have the passing or vision that Dave has

You can't really speak of his ability in central tight spaces, defensive work, ghosting in the box, playing off a winger ect as he hasn't played there.
Except he actually did play football before arriving here so I absolutely can speak to his ability to play in tight space, ghosting in the box etc etc. He's a natural number 10 and always has been, just like Dave was before last year. Yes he can do an excellent job on the wing, just like Dave did earlier in his career, but he has all the same attributes Dave has. Whether he can play as a CM, I don't know, just as I didn't know that Dave or De Bruyne could until they played there, but he absolutely can play centrally in midfield and the only way we will find out how effectively he can do that for us is actually giving him a go instead of forcing him to stand way out on the touchline to make space inside for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.