West Ham(A) Post Match Thread

Their fans sang 'where were you when you were shit?' at us.

Not quite the support love in some would have you believe.

I like West Ham, and I'm not ashamed to say it. They have Zaba, they have Joe, they have nice fans, and a respectful organization that shows class. If not for Moyes, there'd be nothing about them to dislike.

Could not agree more. First time at the London Stadium and it is pretty clear why they are so unhappy in that soulless bowl.

Owners have ripped the heart out of their club. Hope they manage to restore their identity but not sure how that can be achieved.

Could not agree more. First time at the London Stadium and it is pretty clear why they are so unhappy in that soulless bowl.

Owners have ripped the heart out of their club. Hope they manage to restore their identity but not sure how that can be achieved.

I like West Ham fans, saw the Hammers play a few times when I lived in London.

This guy has some nice things to say about City and the fans....

A full strength team with one of Foden, Diaz or Nmecha is all I'm asking for. The team will not be weakened so much by playing one academy player

You can ask all you like but I predict - and I rarely do predictions so maybe that will work in your favour - that you won't get.

Pep wants to break records before we lift the trophy at home so I don't see him taking any risks. He will also want to feature the guys who have done most to win us the trophy.

If we get into a comfortable position in the game, you will then see one or two kids and, presumably, Yaya; although I can possibly see Yaya starting the Brighton game if we have beaten Huddersfield.

I love the fans - very similar to us in many respects.. They have Zaba and Joe too. But that's it.

My two best friends are West Ham fans (brothers who who moved up to Macc in mid 70's) although they wouldn't come to game with my yesterday, despite one of them living in London now, even though I was having to buy a ticket in the home support. One refused to pay the money to go to that ground and the other didn't want to travel down from Cheshire to see his team thrashed (perhaps wise).

Like any team, they have an ugly section of support but I have always thought they did share with us the ability to retain a sense of humour when all is not well.

I've sat in with a few sets of home supporters at away games this season and the Hammers were certainly the most vocal and entertaining to witness up close. They did, wrongly I thought and TV later confirmed, get up in arms over numerous refereeing decisions but were mostly pretty good-natured, considering the thrashing they were getting, and their plight. They recognised the gulf between the teams. I thought their applause was generous when their team gave City a guard of honour.

I definitely find their support far preferable to a lot of teams'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.