First Game

United 0 City 5 in 1955 or '56. My dad and uncles were quite worried for most of the first half because the rags were on top but Paddy Fagan, I think, scored towards the end of the first half and we went in one up at half time. The second half just seemed like a succession of City goals one after another and I got the impression, though I was too young to realise (or even see enough!). After that game I thought for a while I'd been born under a lucky star....

PS Can any old codger fill in some of the details - I was only 7 at the time.

Charlton 5-1 promotion game
Don’t really remember it though, dad said I was crying my eyes out scared of the noise when we scored

What was the first game you ever attended, mine was Man Utd v Middlesbrough 1978 my Dad was a red , had 3 son's all City , tried but failed to indoctrinate us in that poison to no avail

Should say first paid in game , as we lived on Broadfield road Moss Side and I'd regularly get into City games at three quarter time with my elder brother and countless other kids from the are
September 1959, City 4 Wolves 6.. all City’s goals were scored by Billy McAdam against the then champions.. the whole experience was a blur but I remember vividly the Wolves players coming out of the tunnel looking like Gods in that cool old gold and black kit.. it was my introduction to ‘typical City’, scoring four against the champions but still losing! A few years later, opening day of the 62-63 season, they thrashed us at Molineux 8-1, setting us on the way to my first experience of relegation.. but then along came Uncle Joe and Big Malc, thank goodness! Eee, ‘appy days!

Coventry at home spring 1971, drew 1-1 with a Lee penalty I think taken twice.

It's a nice touch by City that part of the 'mix' on the programme kiosks of old programmes include the game for me.

city 1 Carlisle 2 74 or 75 I think a night game I was hooked even though my dad moaned like fuck all the way home.typical city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.