Breaking records/stats thread

The Portsmouth game ended late! It was deeply suspicious and the City fans, management and players were on the pitch celebrating promotion when the news came through that Portsmouth had scored the goal they needed to go up instead! It was a definite fix!

City were 3rd best supported club that season (as a 2nd Div club!) behind NUFC and EFC (only about 600 fans behind EFC too!). In 1927-28 City were the best supported team with an average of 37,468 to First Division Everton's 37,461!
Thanks for the additional info Gary, I think my grandad would have been doing his nut about that late Pompey goal!

Surely we’ll be known as the record breakers in years to come, much like Arsenal are referred to as the invincibles.

A subtle 'record breakers' banner to remind us of this season would get my vote.

And a special chapter on the season DVD to highlight each record past and present. Seems there are jist too many to remember and would be a shame if these are not immortalised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.