Most annoying accent

Starting every sentence with "listen" and the Facebook generation doing the same with "so", so irritating!

This annoys me as well. I actually think starting a sentence with ‘Listen’ is quite rude!

Another one that gets me is people using ‘super’ instead of very/really. ‘Sorry I’ve not had chance to do it I’ve been super busy’ as an example

As far as most annoying accent goes, I don’t get the hate for Scouse. It isn’t that bad and in fact, I’ve had southerners mistake Manc for Scouse, so that probably says alot about the Mancunian accent

I would pick that weird derby/Notts/Leicester accent out as the worse though.

I'm aware that to those more attuned than I, they are all different, but they all sound annoying to my ears. Apart from Liam Neeson's.
If you don't mind his accent you probably wouldn't have a problem with Donegal, North Louth, Cavan or Monaghan then. Which are completely different to Kildare, Dublin, Meath, Westmeath, South Louth, Longford and Wicklow. Which are completely different to the South and West of the Republic. Since the Yanks, Brits and Aussies can all hear those differences and even remark on them when they visit, I'm surprised you can't.

It's like saying you hate the British accent.

Scouse (basic inability to put coherent sentences together in any way) - clear Shit Accent Premier League winners - 150 years in a row
Lancashire (just sound thick as pigshit)
Birmingham (just... fucking embarassing)
Staffordshire (sound like rapists)
Kent (will you just speak up a bit instead of mumbling FFS)

If you don't mind his accent you probably wouldn't have a problem with Donegal, North Louth, Cavan or Monaghan then. Which are completely different to Kildare, Dublin, Meath, Westmeath, South Louth, Longford and Wicklow. Which are completely different to the South and West of the Republic. Since the Yanks, Brits and Aussies can all hear those differences and even remark on them when they visit, I'm surprised you can't.
Well, it's the narcissism of difference, isn't it. If you're not immersed in something like that then it's hard to pick up the nuances; if you are 'in it' or more used to it then it's much clearer.

My Bedford accent is, to me, very different to that of North London, yet I often get asked if I'm from the latter. An American once asked if I was Australian! Northampton is only 20 odd miles from Bedford yet to me they sound a slight bit brummy. My other half is from Manitoba in Canada and I couldn't tell the difference between her, someone from British Columbia or indeed any or the northern USA; yet she maintains it is completely different. Weirdly I am much better able to place regional Italian accents than I am Irish, even though my grasp of that language isn't fluent, simply because I have spent more time there. A lot of people in this thread have said the scouse accent, yet to me there is a notable difference between the voices of Ringo Starr and Pete Burns (which I don't mind) vs that of Jamie Carragher (which I dislike).

I can't explain why I don't like the sound of the Southern and Western ROI accents any more than I can tell you why I love the sound of the Northern Irish (even though I can't tell the difference between, say, Belfast and Derry). It's the same principle as music, I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.