Writers POTY .. Salah

To be fair, Salah's had a great season, and it was always going to be a straight choice between him and KDB.
None of us are entirely sure what criteria they use, but just like the PFA award it's possible that some of the City admirers might have voted for Silva, and in doing so, prevented KDB from winning.

here's me thinking it was pogda's all day
laurelandhardy.gif

It’s no surprise, Salah has had a great season and plays for one of the media’s perennial favourites.

It does show that they don’t know much about the game though, Kev’s performances have guided us to a record breaking season and that’s why he deserved it.

I expected Salah to win it because most people in football focus on goalscorers, rather than the people running the games from the middle of the pitch. However, what annoys me is when people like Henry Winter (who is usually decent) vote for Salah. He says every year that the Ballon d'Or, PPOTY and FWPOTY should go to the player who most contributed towards the most successful team. Football is about winning things as a team, not individual statistics. KDB has been the best player in one of, if not the, best team England has ever seen. But because Salah has scored a lot of goals for the team which will finish 4th, he's changed his principles.

I expected Salah to win it because most people in football focus on goalscorers, rather than the people running the games from the middle of the pitch. However, what annoys me is when people like Henry Winter (who is usually decent) vote for Salah. He says every year that the Ballon d'Or, PPOTY and FWPOTY should go to the player who most contributed towards the most successful team. Football is about winning things as a team, not individual statistics. KDB has been the best player in one of, if not the, best team England has ever seen. But because Salah has scored a lot of goals for the team which will finish 4th, he's changed his principles.

Bang on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.