First Game

My first game was also Pardoe's debut he was just 15,April 1962 v Birmingham I was sat top of the tunnel between the old scoreboard end and Kippax.

City 3 Leeds 2 7th Sept 1963. First City match I went to,aged 10,with my mates, all the same age, except Ric who was a neighbor and the ripe old age of 14, rather than with my Dad. Stood leaning on the wall in the scoreboard end. The main thing I remember is a very young Jack Charlton banging heads with a City player,cant remember who, and his nose getting smashed all over his face and coming and leaning on the wall next to where we were and getting the magic sponge.

late 72 can't remember exactly - first game I recall is Sunderland FAC5 in 1973 - drew 2-2

IF my memory serves me well...
..pre season game v Bolton in July 67. Franny Lee played for them.
We signed him in October ( I think) that year.
Anyway , many thanks to Aunty Val and her mum and dad for taking me down to Maine Road and many away games in those early years.
God forbid had it been Uncle Jack who put his hand up.... the red git.

April 1978 - home game against Derby County that ended 1-1. Next door neighbour (who was a big City fan) took me. I never saw our goal as everyone jumped up when they were about to score and with me being only 9 meant that all I could see was a load of adult armpits.

I could just about see myself in the background on Match of the Day later!

29th Jan 1972. City 5 Wolves 2 ( Franny Hatrick)
From a large Roman Catholic United family ( Dad & 4 Brothers al reds )but my Uncle was a Blue, took Me & I was hooked.
1st Away game, 11th August 1973, pre Season game
Oldham 0 City 0, att 12,000.
Oldham & City fans swapped ends at half time by walking across the pitch on opposite sides to each other with no problems !

Don't know for sure but 9th December 2000 vs Everton is the first one I remember. 5-0, we absolutely battered them; 'You should have gone Christmas robbing' being the chant I remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.